News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Verve beginning to establish a presence all the way over to Queens Park Circle. Verve is in the middle of the photo in the distance.

Verve-QueensPark_Sept23-07.jpg

I'm with casaguy, the green panels and tinted windows are growing on me too. I really like it so far. The curve in the building which follows Wellesley Street on the south side is a thoughtful design concept too. It's a shame that the rest of the building is rather unremarkable but it's a fine (and much needed) addition to the area.

This one does not strike me as 'predominantly glass'. I think it will look predominantly green, with glass and precast accents. I don't mind adding a green stick to the skyline here, but I'm not convinced it's the most attractive green...

Well, at least it's a unique cladding colour for the neighbourhood.

A couple of good photos showing context and impact of this building... I think its in a location that needed something new and fresh to bring it back to life... a bunch of those poor renters just lost their view though!

My old high school is hidden amongst all that clutter. Needless to say the surrounding airspace wan't that crowded when I went there.

Verve Construction Progress Oct 20, 2007

DSCN1185.jpg

^Looking west down Wellesley

DSCN1186.jpg

^Townhomes on east side of building

DSCN1187.jpg

^Lobby

DSCN1189.jpg

^South east corner

DSCN1191.jpg

^South west corner

DSCN1192.jpg

Concerning the top image (looking west on Wellesley), the colour mix between the buildings is quite pleasing.

Oct. 20th update

Another angle to add to casaguy's fine shots. 10 floors + mech. to go here

verve-1.jpg

Back