News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

No.

Again, there is a contract shop in Sudbury that is contracted to deal with all of the light running maintenance for the RDCs. They can easily do the same for any locos and coaches that get stationed there.

Dan
Sure, they can, but if we are talking about Siemens trainsets and the contract includes maintenance and parts (as it does with VIA’s order), then the trainsets will have to visit a Siemens maintenance facility on a regular (e.g., weekly) basis…

Last edited:
Friedmly reminder

Sure, they can, but if we are talking about Siemens trainsets and the contract includes maintenance and parts (as it does with VIA’s order), then the trainsets will have to visit a Siemens maintenance facility on a regular (e.g., weekly) basis…
... now who is in the fantasy?
HEP and F40s.
The fantasy that a lot of people went to were the new Siemens units.(I followed down that rabbit hole too.) My guess is the next brand new equipment the route gets will be whatever the rest of the LDF gets whenever that is ordered.
.... unless you know something and can'/won't say....

... now who is in the fantasy?
HEP and F40s.
The fantasy that a lot of people went to were the new Siemens units.(I followed down that rabbit hole too.) My guess is the next brand new equipment the route gets will be whatever the rest of the LDF gets whenever that is ordered.
.... unless you know something and can'/won't say....
Enough already. Can you restrict yourself to one post a week or something? You've pretty much destroyed this thread, and been asked by multiple people now.

Since we seem to living in a fantasy world lately on this thread, I would just like to throw some kudos to VIA, Union Station and GO. I transmitted through Union New Year’s Eve, arriving from Montreal and grabbing a Lakeshore Line West train. Montreal was busy, the train was full, Union was very busy, and the GO train I was on was 60% full as well, maybe more. In all cases lots of friendly staff - VIA, MetroLinx, Police and Security and GO were on hand, helping to move things along. It was an easy trip and always underlines what can be done in the corridor operations as traffic and use grows ever greater.

Enough already. Can you restrict yourself to one post a week or something? You've pretty much destroyed this thread, and been asked by multiple people now.
I have already started to report every new post by our Fantasy Bear in this thread for “Spamming.” and I invite anyone else fed up with his behaviour to do the same. In the meanwhile (i.e., untill the mods and admins finally release us from his compulsive trolling), I can only beg everyone here to refrain from engaging with him…

Last edited:
I have already started to report every new post by our Fantasy Bear in this thread for “Spamming.” and I invite anyone else fed up with his behaviour to do the same. In the meanwhile (i.e., untill the mods and admins finally release us from his compulsive trolling), I can only beg everyone here to refrain from engaging with him…
Johannes, you have been periodically lecturing people on this thread about engaging with Michael (and using euphemisms unnecessarily) without being an admin and therefore somewhat presumptuously. Then you yourself went and revisited a topic that seemed to be winding down at post 16578. Perhaps you could reflect on this before returning to telling everyone who to respond to and when.

Yes, they will need to be seen by the Siemens techs at some sort of pre-defined interval.

But I would assume that things like cleaning, stocking, toilet emptying, etc. will be done on a slightly more frequent basis, and thus won't need Siemens there.

Dan

Yes, they will need to be seen by the Siemens techs at some sort of pre-defined interval.

But I would assume that things like cleaning, stocking, toilet emptying, etc. will be done on a slightly more frequent basis, and thus won't need Siemens there.

Dan
Wouldn't that just be done where they tie up the trains till the next run?

Dan
A planning rule at VIA seems to be that all cycles have to visit a VIA maintenance center at least once per week. The three exceptions are of course Churchill (where a cycle takes 9 days), the Skeena and the route I don’t dare to mention again, of which neither connects with a VIA maintenance centre. Obviously, there is a difference between “servicing” and actual “maintenance”, but I struggle to imagine how these routes could be served with rolling stock under a “maintenance included” arrangement like on the Corridor.

I guess that VIA’s quest to standardize its fragmented fleet will face challenges for its non-corridor operations, which doesn’t bode well for its long-overdue non-corridor fleet renewal. Do you have an idea where Amtrak maintains its detached services, like its “Heartland Flyer” from Fort Worth to Oklahoma City?

Last edited:
A planning rule at VIA seems to be that all cycles have to visit a VIA maintenance center at least once per week. The three exceptions are of course Churchill (where a cycle takes 9 days), the Skeena and the route I don’t dare to mention again, of which neither connects with a VIA maintenance centre. Obviously, there is a difference between “servicing” and actual “maintenance”, but I struggle to imagine how these routes could be served with rolling stock under a “maintenance included” arrangement like on the Corridor.

I guess that VIA’s quest to standardize its fragmented fleet will face challenges for its non-corridor operations, which doesn’t bode well for its long-overdue non-corridor fleet renewal. Do you have an idea where Amtrak maintains its detached services, like its “Heartland Flyer” from Fort Worth to Oklahoma City?
Could they not take the existing facilities and have them based out of there with the same rotation? If anything, this makes the LDF renewal make even more sense. The more standard the fleet is,t he easier it is to rotate things through for maintenance. Take a coach for example. If all LD routes use the same ones, then they can be seamlessly be brought to Toronto or Montreal to be maintained.

Could they not take the existing facilities and have them based out of there with the same rotation? If anything, this makes the LDF renewal make even more sense. The more standard the fleet is,t he easier it is to rotate things through for maintenance. Take a coach for example. If all LD routes use the same ones, then they can be seamlessly be brought to Toronto or Montreal to be maintained.
Haven’t you just been asked to limit yourself to one post per day? Also, I’m way past the stage where I might have been interested in interacting with you, so may I ask you to kindly refrain in the future from responding to my posts? Thank you!

I'm pretty sure more time is spent on this thread talking about Sudbury-White River than by VIA Execs. At least I hope that's the case. If not, they need to be audited for mismanagement.

Everytime I visit this thread I get more enthusiastic for splitting up VIA into the Corridor and the rest. A ridiculous amount of time is spent talking about services that constitute a rounding error on VIA's ridership statistics.

I'm pretty sure more time is spent on this thread talking about Sudbury-White River than by VIA Execs. At least I hope that's the case. If not, they need to be audited for mismanagement.
I can assure you that nobody at VIA wastes much of their time thinking about this service, as everything which could be done (except for reducing its frequency or eliminating it all together) would require additional funding VIA won’t receive.

Everytime I visit this thread I get more enthusiastic for splitting up VIA into the Corridor and the rest. A ridiculous amount of time is spent talking about services that constitute a rounding error on VIA's ridership statistics.
Maybe it’s time to spin off “VIA Rail: beyond the Quebec-Windsor Corridor” into a seperate thread, even if that would be the third troll thread we’ve created just to stop Sudbury-centric discussions from polluting this thread and compromising our mental health?

Back