News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Regarding this via promo for 40% off. The tickets at 40% off are more expensive than regular prices.

I ended up using a 10% corporate discount on top of the regular price instead of 40% off.

I noticed the deal for me only affected business class prices. Which went about as cheap as Economy. But Escape was still cheaper. 10% corperate will bring economy prices down further than the sale.

Regarding this via promo for 40% off. The tickets at 40% off are more expensive than regular prices.

I ended up using a 10% corporate discount on top of the regular price instead of 40% off.
I noticed the deal for me only affected business class prices. Which went about as cheap as Economy. But Escape was still cheaper. 10% corperate will bring economy prices down further than the sale.
40% was only promised for Sleeper Plus, for Business and Economy the applicable discounts were only 25% and 15%, respectively, with the latter (Economy) being restricted to certain ticket types, routes and weekdays…

Did your attempted bookings comply with the applicable terms&conditons (see below)?
9911C6E1-1B87-4011-B416-AB290D7B26F6.jpeg
406F4ADB-8BD2-4AF8-B6C4-B5DC67660B6E.jpeg
40311135-5350-4A4B-A1E2-8C8F05BAAB20.jpeg

I’ve checked the opening hours at Deutsche Bahn’s DB Lounge at the most important stations in its network and none of them opens before 6am:
View attachment 405733
View attachment 405734View attachment 405735View attachment 405736View attachment 405737
That's interesting.

Also it looks like VIA is not interested in being a commuter rail service.
CBC.ca: Via quietly axed its London-to-Toronto train during the pandemic. There's a push to get it back.
Mayor's of Cobourg and Belleville have expressed similar concerns.

Could GO transit pickup those time slots and run their trains instead? They already layover in London today.

Kingston may require a deadhead move from their east maintenance facility.

That's interesting.

Also it looks like VIA is not interested in being a commuter rail service.
CBC.ca: Via quietly axed its London-to-Toronto train during the pandemic. There's a push to get it back.
Mayor's of Cobourg and Belleville have expressed similar concerns.

Could GO transit pickup those time slots and run their trains instead? They already layover in London today.

Kingston may require a deadhead move from their east maintenance facility.

Train 82 ran via Brantford on the Dundas Sub. Since GO doesn't run any trains along the Dundas Sub, they would have to train operators to run along it. A lot of work for 1 missing train. Similar for running a train east of Oshawa to Kingston.

Train 82 ran via Brantford on the Dundas Sub. Since GO doesn't run any trains along the Dundas Sub, they would have to train operators to run along it. A lot of work for 1 missing train. Similar for running a train east of Oshawa to Kingston.
There's also the issue of how that train got to London to lay over for the night. That may now be a problem. Or VIA may not be convinced that the ridership is there, given that people haven't really returned to the office in droves yet.

Or there may be some further negotiation going on between any or all of VIA, Ontario, Ottawa, or CN.

- Paul

With Renovations "complete" at Union station. Does that mean that the boarding process is status quo? No proper ques, rolling signs to tell people where to line up.

Also the first departure is 6:30 and the business lounge doesn't open until 6am, even though the train boards at 6:05.

I find that odd.
Would there be much demand? It's not like people will be showing up very early after working, with transfers, or giving extra travel time to get there.

More than enough time to go in for 20 minutes, get a coffee, etc.

Maybe if you build it they will come? Have 3 trains in the morning and 3 in the evening. You would only need a 6 car train at most.

Would there be much demand? It's not like people will be showing up very early after working, with transfers, or giving extra travel time to get there.

More than enough time to go in for 20 minutes, get a coffee, etc.
Absolutely! I strongly doubt that the business lounge would ever have much business before 6am. As you note, the passengers will not likely be coming from transfers but by car or Uber from home or hotel and in business class you get offered at least a coffee very soon after boarding (or did last time I travelled). The fact that DB opens no lounges early is hardly a reason to open/not open them here - opening hours would surely be determined by local conditions and demand!

Back