News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

If they knew that this is going to happen, would they have rebuilt the HEP II cars?

Well, yes.... Ottawa has known this would happen eventually.... for the last couple of decades.

And stuck their heads firmly in the sand and assumed that it would be some future government's problem.

- Paul

Well, yes.... Ottawa has known this would happen eventually.... for the last couple of decades.

And stuck their heads firmly in the sand and assumed that it would be some future government's problem.

- Paul
So are there any other solutions other than adding a non revenue car to the end of the train?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 4.26.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 4.26.35 PM.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 40
Horrible news today. The new fleet won't completely replace the old fleet until 2025. Hinting that there may be further delays.
A good idea would be to start negotiating a lease with Metronlinx about leasing BI Levels and crews.

The LRC fleet is not getting any younger and now with the restrictions with the HEP fleet there will be more stress on the existing fleet.

If there are any HEP I cars allocated to the corridor perhaps those should be considered for rebuild?

Curious...................IF HFR ever happens, how are they going to negotiate thru ML owned track when trains could be running every 5 minutes at rush hour and making many stops along the way?

Curious...................IF HFR ever happens, how are they going to negotiate thru ML owned track when trains could be running every 5 minutes at rush hour and making many stops along the way?

I’ll take “Very good questions” for $100, Alex.

Seriously, the Bramalea- Union and Union - Scarboro Jct segments will have plenty of capacity once they have the fourth track completed. It’s the remaining track segments Scarboro- Agincourt (if HFR goes that way to get to CP Agincourt) Scarboro-Durham Jct and Bramalea - Kitchener - London that would be a worry.

- Paul

I wish I could write more, but as someone who is familiar with the timetables proposed by ONxpress, I struggle to imagine anyone at VIA HQ or the JPT losing much sleep over the same aspects of HFR as those which certain people here seem preoccupied with…

Last edited:

- Paul
Like so many other areas of public infrastructure: RCN oilers and destroyers, and CCG ice breakers come to mind. Everything has a shelf life - you just don't know the exact date something will become un- road/air/sea worthy. Bureaucrats will always have a job to come into on Monday morning and politicians will always roll the dice that a failure, particularly a catastrophic one, will happen on the next government's watch.

Last edited:
A good idea would be to start negotiating a lease with Metronlinx about leasing BI Levels and crews.
The notion that Metrolinx take over some VIA runs is hampered by the fact that even if equipment could be found, as oft discussed on GO threads they certainly have crewing constraints. Bilevels might work but there might be questions about paying ViA fares for GO comfort.

Exo also retired their 1989 Comet IIs in August, not sure whether they have anything left in them. I assume ONR don’t have enough suitable stock lying around to lease and make a dent in capacity constraints should things be as acute as posts above make it out.

Back