News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

How do you deadhead crews to a derailment or accident site? Especially when the next train is 2 or 3 days later?

Dan
Exactly, it's about the crews (not: equipment) and deadheading LEs to less-than-daily and often delayed trains is a major headache...
1675967954701.png

Has anyone heard more about the deployment of the new fleet? Have they increased its use or are they still using it for 1 round trip a week between Montreal and Ottawa? The following video shows trainset no 2 on the Alexandria sub as train 33 on Tuesday, Feb 7.

There is a report that trainset # 4 is now en route. That would imply that VIA is now accepting deliveries of production copies.

No, I don’t know their plan, but I expect that ”regular” deployment is imminent.

- Paul.

There is a report that trainset # 4 is now en route. That would imply that VIA is now accepting deliveries of production copies.

No, I don’t know their plan, but I expect that ”regular” deployment is imminent.

- Paul.
Hopefully that means ththat deliveries can happen more frequently

It also means that you're chances of catching a Renaissance train on the corridor are quickly coming o an end...
You say that but depending on the result of the compression test it may be the Budds to be sidelined.

Also if that is the case and the LRC'S have structural issues due to corrosion what is the course of action here?

You say that but depending on the result of the compression test it may be the Budds to be sidelined.

Also if that is the case and the LRC'S have structural issues due to corrosion what is the course of action here?
I'd say that unless the compression tests really point out the budds it'll probably be the Renaissance and unrefurbished LRCs that would go first

There are only 2 Renaissance sets left on the corridor (barring any unannounced retirements). They were also parked for most of COVID, they also haven't been west of Ottawa for the last 6 years at least. If the LRCs and Budds go, VIA might as well close up shop on the corridor until most of the new fleet arrives .

There are only 2 Renaissance sets left on the corridor (barring any unannounced retirements). They were also parked for most of COVID, they also haven't been west of Ottawa for the last 6 years at least. If the LRCs and Budds go, VIA might as well close up shop on the corridor until most of the new fleet arrives .
Well obviously they won't be like upx and pull everything at once. They will be the first to be phased out

Well obviously they won't be like upx and pull everything at once. They will be the first to be phased out
My question was more trying to gauge the situation given that the LRC's and Budds have frame issues. Are the performance of the RENS that bad that it's better to ride on unsafe cars requiring buffer cars to protect passengers?

My question was more trying to gauge the situation given that the LRC's and Budds have frame issues. Are the performance of the RENS that bad that it's better to ride on unsafe cars requiring buffer cars to protect passengers?
Perhaps...
But this is a clear indication of the systemic problem of the handling of via and other canadian military equipment. There is no foresight to replace aging obsolete equipment when they have the chance and do endless SLEPs instead. Now they've reached a tipping point where they're actually dangerous to operate they're scrambling to find replacements.

aren‘t the Rens operating under a waiver or condition of some sort given they were built to European crash safety standards? Something about space being left in the last car?

Back