News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The Vicora neighborhood doesn't have space for more development!!! NO, it doesn't! don't you have eyes?? 3 high risers are ENOUGH!!!! no more needed! noise, pollution, traffic....We have the right to live like human beings, not like mice in a trap! The townhomes area is tiny for high risers, next to the highway...how safe a high riser can be where the townhomes are?? The Flemington housing area is not developed! that area would be the IDEAL area for your High risers!! Leave Vicora neighborhood area alone! Remember, we are human beings! Just think if it was your mother or your sister living at the Vicora buildings... The money and profit from the high risers can be earned at the Flemington housing area!

The Vicora neighborhood doesn't have space for more development!!! NO, it doesn't! don't you have eyes?? 3 high risers are ENOUGH!!!! no more needed! noise, pollution, traffic....We have the right to live like human beings, not like mice in a trap! The townhomes area is tiny for high risers, next to the highway...how safe a high riser can be where the townhomes are?? The Flemington housing area is not developed! that area would be the IDEAL area for your High risers!! Leave Vicora neighborhood area alone! Remember, we are human beings! Just think if it was your mother or your sister living at the Vicora buildings... The money and profit from the high risers can be earned at the Flemington housing area!
Now what would you say to the people who are also human beings that can't afford a house and are thus being pushed towards the streets? Do you think they don't deserve a place to live? This is a location that is near public transit (Eglinton LRT and Ontario Line) so it is a good location for densification. There is such an absurd lack of supply in the GTA housing market that it is pushing the cost of housing to extremes so naturally more supply is needed and the only way that is going to be possible is through densification. In the GTA and Toronto there is only so much space for urban sprawl so inevitably there will be densification and there is no place better for densification to occur then near a MTSA which is exactly what this location is.

NIMBY -noun - disapproving

Abbreviation for not in my back yard, a person who does not want any type of change or something they think will be unpleasant to them to be built or done near where they live.

This is the most ideal place to have new development. Will be close to the future Eglinton LRT and Ontario Line. North America's largest recreational centre is being built. 4 Day cares are being built. 2 new schools are being built. Plus there is lush amount of green space in the vicinity. This area will only further densify.

Just a matter of time.

This is the most ideal place to have new development. Will be close to the future Eglinton LRT and Ontario Line. North America's largest recreational centre is being built. 4 Day cares are being built. 2 new schools are being built. Plus there is lush amount of green space in the vicinity. This area will only further densify.

Just a matter of time.
The issue I see is that this site is on the wrong side of the DVP from pretty much every amenity. When Line 5 opens, its only bus service will be the 100B that goes east to Wynford Stop and west to Thorncliffe. That service will need to really be ramped up to make it an attractive place to live car-free. Maybe they could tuck a convenience store into one of the towers, but I doubt that would be taken seriously by the developers.

The issue I see is that this site is on the wrong side of the DVP from pretty much every amenity. When Line 5 opens, its only bus service will be the 100B that goes east to Wynford Stop and west to Thorncliffe. That service will need to really be ramped up to make it an attractive place to live car-free. Maybe they could tuck a convenience store into one of the towers, but I doubt that would be taken seriously by the developers.
Once the Ontario Line is open most busses in the vicinity will be rerouted to go through the Ontario Line bus terminal ensuring a quick and rapid transport to downtown..

Now what would you say to the people who are also human beings that can't afford a house and are thus being pushed towards the streets? Do you think they don't deserve a place to live? This is a location that is near public transit (Eglinton LRT and Ontario Line) so it is a good location for densification. There is such an absurd lack of supply in the GTA housing market that it is pushing the cost of housing to extremes so naturally more supply is needed and the only way that is going to be possible is through densification. In the GTA and Toronto there is only so much space for urban sprawl so inevitably there will be densification and there is no place better for densification to occur then near a MTSA which is exactly what this location is.
I say all human beings have a right to have a roof over the head, and the ones who cannot afford a house, are supported greatly by the Toronto housing and get the roof over their head, which the taxpayers subsidize for them! As a human I do care about them and as a taxpayer I provide for them with my tax money contributions.. Question to you: do you know if the developer is going to build the 2 highrisers and donate the units to the ones who cannot afford a house? Please answer! ZEBuilder, You are talking about densification...then the developer should look at the areas NOT being developed around here!! There is PLENTY of AVAILABLE LAND at the Flemington Golf course at 155 St. Dennis Drive Don Mills. PLENTY of LAND to be purchased there! Nobody's life is going to be interrupted, nobody's property would be devalued, no extra pollution or impossible traffic!! Developer, look into that area! Leave Vicora neighborhood alone!

Just a matter of time.
The most ideal place? do you live in the area to know? If the intention is to develop the area and not disturbe lives and damage existing buildings, then the most ideal place would be at the Flemington Gold course!! There is PLENTY of AVAILABLE LAND there, 155 St. Dennis Drive Don Mills. PLENTY of LAND to be purchased by the developer! Developer can approach the Golf course owner, purchase small part of the land and build his high risers! the best ideal deal! Closer to LRT, more accessibility to roads and DVP. Nobody's life would be interrupted, no damage to the existing Vicora buildings, no devalue of properties! There is a way when people are more sensitive and respectful to other peoples rights!.The Vicora neighborhood with the 3 existing high risers is already very busy as is.

I say all human beings have a right to have a roof over the head, and the ones who cannot afford a house, are supported greatly by the Toronto housing and get the roof over their head, which the taxpayers subsidize for them! As a human I do care about them and as a taxpayer I provide for them with my tax money contributions.. Question to you: do you know if the developer is going to build the 2 highrisers and donate the units to the ones who cannot afford a house? Please answer! ZEBuilder, You are talking about densification...then the developer should look at the areas NOT being developed around here!! There is PLENTY of AVAILABLE LAND at the Flemington Golf course at 155 St. Dennis Drive Don Mills. PLENTY of LAND to be purchased there! Nobody's life is going to be interrupted, nobody's property would be devalued, no extra pollution or impossible traffic!! Developer, look into that area! Leave Vicora neighborhood alone!
The golf course already has a development proposal in place, if you would have bothered looking at my previous post with the image. Secondly, >95% of the lands at the golf course is not buildable on due to the floodplains and underground water flooding. The townhomes at vicora are actually the best possible to be developed into greater density and close to 2 brand new subway lines. Also perhaps your 3 buildings together can buy the townhomes to prevent the development and then rent them out.

Instead doing this massive construction why they don't make plan to build new condo on metro housings around there. More space and all area old and unsafe
Yes, I must say I am wondering the same thing. It looks like it will be untouched which is very strange.

All of flemo is being redevloped... there is no more space to redevelop there. This is the next logical space and building condos right next condos is very common now across Toronto. Just look at the Don Mills Eglinton Node (see pic). Literally condos are being built infront of each other and infront of existing condos.

View attachment 480405
Just one moment, why build in front of other residential buildings when there is a better place to build?? Do you care to develop the Flemington area and upgrade it?? then the Ontario housing area by the field can be developed...the Developer can buy that area and build high end condos ...Clean the area from the criminal actions, shooting etc etc... Stay away from the Vicora neighborhood which is already veeery congested.

Back