News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

A lot of us are in sync on the basic ideas...

I like a combination of proposals too. The functionality of the staircase can't be beat, but it's otherwise lacking. For some more visual impact, I'd add the paving pattern which defines the area.

I would have added the light canopy, but I'm afraid it may just come off as cheesy, and I'm also concerned it willd deteriorate quickly.

The staircase has the best basic concept but it needs enhancing. A nice, trickling water feature would be a natural fit as well as some greenery on the terraces. The other schemes are pretty awful imo-especially the dancing worms.

Interesting to see the staircase getting a lot of praise. I've posted this elsewhere, but for those who are interested, here is our studio's submission to the competition...it is also a staircase.
http://departmentofunusualcertainties.wordpress.com/2010/11/21/stairspace-to-heaven/
It wasn't selected for the top 5 but we're happy to say it has been featured on ArchDaily and will be featured in Mark Magazine.

For those who are cleverly quipping that any staircase proposal will be unoriginal, because they already did one in Times Square, my response is.....and no one did staircases before Times Square?

Back