8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

casaguy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thought the gang on this forum would be interested...

This Saturday's W-FIVE program deals with nightmare scenarios for buyers who trusted developers and builders and how there's little protection for Canadians.

The show airs Saturday Nov 3 at 7pm ET on CTV.

Too bad the Cresford/Mode debacle wasn't brought to the show's attention a bit sooner...

Did they name any names?

It was primarily three stories, one in BC, one in Barrie and one in Nova Scotia. All about houses and most revolving about water problems and how there is no consumer protection. No condo stuff at all which is a shame.

But tons of minor problems - and because they don't grab headlines, they typically take longer to solve.

Hey guys! Here's a recent court decision (with reference to other cases)where the developer actually got a nice slap on the wrist after an insane amount of buyer headache and complaining. All over a furnace... now located in the main hallway 'closet'.

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onscdc/doc/2007/2007canlii51783/2007canlii51783.html

Maybe this is a minor issue? Before some of you choke when you read up on what site/developer/location is involved, please note that I am not mentioning or sullying this forum with any information about the WAY MORE SERIOUS ISSUES involved with the area and developers attached to it. As some of you know... a few of us do provide 'pointed' commentary outside of this forum and readers are welcome to seek it out. You might have to google a combination of the words "condo", "x", and "mondo" to find information on this development, but it shouldn't be too hard to do that.

Note to the old UTF censors: Blocking access to relevant Toronto information and stifling debate can and will backfire on you... as you may have already realized. Lately though, I'm really proud of you guys. A round of beers on me for the admins! We can meet up at Scally's, get hammered and then cause a scene on the St. Clair streetcar. Let me know if you're in! :)

Note to the old UTF censors: Blocking access to relevant Toronto information and stifling debate can and will backfire on you... as you may have already realized. Lately though, I'm really proud of you guys.

I love it how mods and admins are told how to do their jobs. Incitement may not lead to happy results.

I love it how mods and admins are told how to do their jobs. Incitement may not lead to happy results.

:)

Actually I just posted elsewhere that you guys are treating me nicer lately. I'll be civil with you because there are others following along that might not understand the situation.

A recap... this is the real definition of "incitement"...

any posting that dared to mention the area and development found in that court decision was removed. Any link to an outside forum was removed. Extreme focus on silencing the issue caused me to question the mods and the motive behind the removal(s). Those questions were removed as well. I asked for an explanation privately and none was given. I was banned. With no explanation. Should I have just gone away quietly? One thread Sean... one thread started it all.

I HAVE A RIGHT TO QUESTION A MODERATOR'S DECISION AND A RIGHT TO ASK WHICH MODERATOR MADE SAID DECISION.

To date, not one of you has come forward or provided commentary in a single thread, where discussion and debate can openly take place on this TORONTO ISSUE. Bash me all you want. As long as I have the right to come back at you. :) In the meantime, Sean, you were proven wrong in the Keele/Wilson thread (where you censored my reply to you - still looks bad on ya). The Auditor General, City Council, and now the courts are aware of the problems. Why are you guys incapable of acknowledging that? Keele Wilson is a time bomb. Good luck guys.

Going back to your quote above... you don't work for the city do you? That line reeks of 'stay out of my business'. I come across that attitude a lot. Tsk, tsk.

Anyway, my previous post ending was a real offer. If you want to talk over beer, I'm in that area at least once a week. My stats... 32, 6'0, 185, dirty blond, fucking cute/handsome and not gay (sorry to a few of you here). I'm not scared to meet ya! PM me and we'll set something up.

Back