News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

So the Park will likely be getting fitness equipment, a small off leash area, games tables, 'hard surfaced sport amenity', outdoor gas fireplace integrated into the pavilion building, picnic areas, a sledding mound for toddlers, year-round seating and a playground that 'should be recognized as a playground'.
What about an international airport?

Downtown COULD use an airport.

I assumed so, sounds like some of the feedback we provided so that's good.

I'm still concerned there isn't enough recreation. Like courts and the such. We'll see.
It's a massive space, my concern is that a mediocre park is not going to catalyze surrounding developments as expected. This was my entire point of a large iconic water feature. Something visible from 30 stories up that would help Westrich and Edgar sell Lux units.

It's a massive space, my concern is that a mediocre park is not going to catalyze surrounding developments as expected. This was my entire point of a large iconic water feature. Something visible from 30 stories up that would help Westrich and Edgar sell Lux units.
I should have mentioned that the water feature is moving forward over the flower garden feature and that the washroom pavilion building is fronting onto the water feature.

A mixed bag I think. I love the water feature and still think The Quarters needs to go back and add it back into that corner of Jasper Ave in front of the hotel... The Washroom just to clarify won't be near the Big Lawn but near the fountain W of 107 street ROW? Is that right? And does anyone know if they are leaning towards flat formal oval lawn vs the hilly/terraced/random pattern? I want a large formal oval lawn like McKinney that could double as a huge civic gathering space for concerts, protests, plays, sit ins, etc. Especially with MacEwan not having a park/gathering space besides that tiny sliver of lawn outside the food court...

washroom pavilion building is fronting onto the water feature.
Of course it is! What effect does the sound of running water have on human physiology -- seems like a no-brainer, necessary move. On a more serious note, in this case the "great unwashed" seems to have more design sense than those with post-secondary training -- doesn't speak well for Edmonton City Planning!

Any recent updates or are we awaiting design concepts to comment on?
You're in luck.

Full-court basketball or 3 individual hoops for pick-up games ('hard surface sport amenity').
Playground.
Ornamental four-season water feature (versus flower bed option)
Fitness area.
Sledding mound on open lawn that will create natural amphiteatre.
Off-leash dog zone
Park pavilion with washrooms and potential outdoor fireplace.

You're in luck.

Full-court basketball or 3 individual hoops for pick-up games ('hard surface sport amenity').
Playground.
Fitness area.
Off-leash dog zone
Nathan Fillion Civilian Pavilion with washrooms and potential outdoor fireplace.

Fixed that for you! ;)

You're in luck.

Playground.
Fitness area.
Off-leash dog zone

Curious about integration, but on the face of it I am exceptionally pleased.

You're in luck.

Playground.
Fitness area.
Off-leash dog zone
Woah. This sounds amazing. So they really embraced the under promise and over delivery motto with the original renderings and promo?

Back