News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Guaranteed the fire department would not have allowed the park or LRT development to affect their operations, there's no reason to assume otherwise.
I wouldn't want to bet money, look at the downtown dispatch on 105th...

I have read some place and have heard mentioned by deputy's that they will be building a new 2 hall, as they did not want any interference from the tram line. That was a while ago, maybe things have changed???

I wouldn't want to bet money, look at the downtown dispatch on 105th...

I have read some place and have heard mentioned by deputy's that they will be building a new 2 hall, as they did not want any interference from the tram line. That was a while ago, maybe things have changed???
I'm down for this. Put it far away from my place which is right beside the existing one too lol.

Guaranteed the fire department would not have allowed the park or LRT development to affect their operations, there's no reason to assume otherwise.
There is going to be a southbound lane specifically for emergency vehicle access south of the fire hall. It will remain a one way north of the fire hall.

I'm just thinking back to when everyone complained that the experiment with traffic calming on Jasper Ave west of 109 street was going to impede emergency vehicle access and I watched fire trucks turn the affected corners without any problem. I think some folks forget that the folks who drive these things can actually drive and navigate a city, and they're not like the average SUV driving suburbanite who can't turn their wheel past 90 degrees and who descends into cognitive dissonance at the sight of a bike lane.

Last edited:
I'm down for this. Put it far away from my place which is right beside the existing one too lol.
Yes, one can only hope. I will not miss the several blaring fire trucks almost every day. Who knew there were so many fires in Edmonton. You'd think the whole city had burnt down by now.

Yes, one can only hope. I will not miss the several blaring fire trucks almost every day. Who knew there were so many fires in Edmonton. You'd think the whole city had burnt down by now.
Sadly, I'm pretty sure the majority of fire truck responses are for medical emergencies these days. A huge number of them are in response to drug poisoning situations. We do not have enough paramedics to respond in time so the fire department is often first to respond.

Have a listen for yourselves. most call outs are for medical reasons including overdose after overdose. https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/31117
Yep. Emergency response to overdoses is just another way that the addiction crisis is downloaded onto municipalities. If an ambulance isn't immediately available to do the job, a fire engine is often the reserve. It's become a pretty commonplace thing to see fire engines on EMT calls in the core.

Last edited:

Back