8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

monkeyronin

Member Bio
Reaction score
So aside from icx.ca (commercial section on mls), any other more comprehensive sites devoted to warehouses for sale/lease (the latter being the relevant one in my case)?

Also, any idea how easy it is to find ones that are rented on month-by-month basis instead of a multi-year/month lease?

monkeyronin,

What are you looking for in terms of warehouse commercial space? Finding a month to month commercial space could be a challenge, all depends on what your going to be using the space for.

Can you give me boundaries for "Inner City"? Can you disclose the "use"?

"Inner city" being something like this:

42928357.jpg

(within the orange area being inner-inner city, red area being all of it :p)

And its use would be for a multi-purpose art space/venue-type thing.

monkeyronin,

Happy New Year!

What is your budget if I may ask to acquire the 3000-5000 sqft multi-use space/venue? Do you require parking? A loading area?

By law, I need to ask you if you are currently working with a "Realtor" (under contract) at this time? The law and "Code of Ethics" prohibits me from interfering with another "Realtor" client.

Let me know.

Happy new years to you too :)

Budget-wise, based on what I've found on ICX, I am under the impression that I'd be able to keep costs under $4000/month. And parking, loading areas, or anything like that aren't necessary. The only that really would be necessary is that it can't be surrounded by houses (i.e. in the middle of a quiet residential area - needs to be either in an industrial area or on a major street).

And no I don't have any realtor, at the moment I'm just trying to get an idea of what the market is like right now more than anything, to start planning and budgeting, and if all goes accordingly, finding something satisfactory & signing a lease by spring/summer.

Understood.

Does the $4000/month include all operating expenses, etc, for this "Art" space/venue? Are you looking for a month to month, short term lease? 1 year?

Have you discussed your business plans with an financial institution?

May I ask what kind of "Art" business are you in?

Do you have a preferred area within the "inner city" you wish to establish yourself in? I.e. Corktown, Queen West, Leslieville, etc,.

Does the $4000/month include all operating expenses, etc, for this "Art" space/venue? Are you looking for a month to month, short term lease? 1 year?

Just rent.

And month by month leasing/payments would be ideal, or at most, a 1 year lease (ideally, with the option of continuing that for subsequent years).

Have you discussed your business plans with an financial institution?

Nope, no need to go through any of them, I've already got the necessary funds available.

May I ask what kind of "Art" business are you in?

Well I'm not in any business right now, this would be the start of it.

Do you have a preferred area within the "inner city" you wish to establish yourself in? I.e. Corktown, Queen West, Leslieville, etc,.

Whatever is the cheapest really. Though if given the choice, ideally something in the west end, such as in some of the heavily industrial areas like the Bloor & Lansdowne vicinity (which seems pretty affordable) or Liberty Village (seemingly less affordable).

Ok.

Have you been out looking or driven by some of the "commercial/industrial/warehouse" spaces that you have found on the icx.ca website?

Is it correct to assume you are NOT interested in sharing a "multi-use" building or warehouse with anyone else because of the nature of your work?

Have you been out looking or driven by some of the "commercial/industrial/warehouse" spaces that you have found on the icx.ca website?

I've checked out some of them from the exterior, but haven't contacted anyone to view inside. I'll probably do that soon, but I still haven't found anything I'm too excited about.

Is it correct to assume you are NOT interested in sharing a "multi-use" building or warehouse with anyone else because of the nature of your work?

That would be correct, the logistics of sharing a space with another business would most likely be too difficult.

Monkeyronin,

Why don't you send me your contact info to my email address and I'll send you a list of properties that meet your requirements that you have defined above. You can review the the list and if there is a property of interest and you would like to see it, let me know and we'll go from there.

Back