News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The f'n blue sky city? how much money did we waste on that gem? lol
The number that was floating around was $5M. Or, $454,545 per letter. Super unremarkable tag line, I thought "'Be part of the energy" was very clever. It shows reference to the industry people think of when it comes to Calgary while implying it is a fun place to be/visit.

Other ones I am sure were in consideration: green grass city, bow river city, blue ring city, density doesn't live here. My personal choice would have been "heart of the upzoned dirt lot"

Can we at least get some changing signs for wildfire season with the budget to change it to smoke sky city, or not currently blue sky city?

Sometimes you expect so little, and they just give you so much less.

The number that was floating around was $5M. Or, $454,545 per letter. Super unremarkable tag line, I thought "'Be part of the energy" was very clever. It shows reference to the industry people think of when it comes to Calgary while implying it is a fun place to be/visit.

Other ones I am sure were in consideration: green grass city, bow river city, blue ring city, density doesn't live here. My personal choice would have been "heart of the upzoned dirt lot"

Can we at least get some changing signs for wildfire season with the budget to change it to smoke sky city, or not currently blue sky city?

Sometimes you expect so little, and they just give you so much less.
The tag line would not have costed that much. The marketing campaign attached to it for five years, which paid for the tagline process, likely will. If we fire the marketing firm, there is likely a break fee to pay for their upfront costs.

Just a misunderstanding of how marketing gets paid for IMO.

The tag line would not have costed that much. The marketing campaign attached to it for five years, which paid for the tagline process, likely will. If we fire the marketing firm, there is likely a break fee to pay for their upfront costs.

Just a misunderstanding of how marketing gets paid for IMO.
No disagreement there. I thought the total cost was the ask. Purely satire beyond that.

The tag line is blah. Oh well.

I'll sit in my corner, loving the marketing that came out in 2001 which was approved then abandoned within weeks:
1713469817128.png
1713470786393.png

Last edited:

Back