News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

B

baba2booey

Waterfront property, with riparian rights intact, for sale in Oakville directly across the street from where The Shores is being constructed. The property can be seen by accessing The Shore's website and viewing the last 2 pictures (5 and 6) illustrating the view prospective residents will have.

Prospective builders will have one helluva fight on their hands with the Region and Town. It might, however, be a nice acquisition for a boating enthusiast who would enjoy purchasing a 300' wide piece of the lake directly across the street from where they'll be living.

Re: Oakville Waterfront

Wondered when word would get out. Already mulling over the prospect of gathering a few club cronies and taking a run at the subject property. Would be the envy of my in-laws if we hosted our next family gathering at the site of my own private waterfront park.

Don't see anyone being strong enough to ultimately getting anything built onsite.

Bodes well for me.

Currently under investigation.

Re: Waterfront Property

Gotta love the way government works. Assuming that you're right that this property is still on the market, I have seen proposed plans that include this parcel of land incorporated into a waterfront park.

Nothing like putting the cart before the horse.

Have to admit that The Shores (at least on paper) looks to be a magnificent structure.

Hopefully our friend baba, assuming he / she is a real estate agent, will be able to understand that this is not a shining example of professional behaviour.

When I was in my 3rd week as an articling student, I was put to work on a real estate transaction in which I discovered that the RE broker was an old family friend. I mentioned this to the lawyer I was working with and he smiled and said "Oh, that's nice."

His smile immediately gave way to a more stern look, and I still recall, verbatim, his subesequent 2 sentences, which have proven startlingly accurate over the years: "The only thing you ever need know about brokers is that they are whores and idiots. A broker would sell you his own mother for a nickle, but that's only if you haven't already found a way to trick him into giving her away."

Back