News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Those exteriors are going to look dated quickly. Looks so 60s. Whats up with those three business men in the window. Do all they do is stand around and ogle passersby?

Anyway, great to see development on the water front. More places to have coffee and use a bathroom.

This project is at the master plan stage and there cannot have been any architecture done yet. Surely it's about the space and places being proposed?

Where is Frank Gehry when you need him? This could have been a great project. Now, however, it is more bland mediocre junk. Perfect for Toronto I suppose.

You guys are all so critical, sure you could point out that the streetcar is running on one-track (monorail?) but that isn't the point. It is about the massing and creating a vision for what the area could be.
  • The bridge will probably be a draw bridge with the middle section lifting up.
  • Frank Gehry can design a building with whatever developer comes on board.
  • The three business men are actually two business men and a business woman checking out a document.
  • Dubai is about showing the world they can spend money and build things that will make the world like them, Toronto is building neighbourhoods and restitching the urban fabric.

This project is at the master plan stage and there cannot have been any architecture done yet. Surely it's about the space and places being proposed?

At this stage it's impossible to tell what it will look like. Many architects will get to work on this canvas. Critics quickley out of the gate on this one, might keep these initial sketches, to compare to what evolves at the horizon of a decade, or more.

Very ambitious development, I'm sure the design will change many times over before it actually gets completed.
I like the density.

You guys are all so critical, sure you could point out that the streetcar is running on one-track (monorail?) but that isn't the point. It is about the massing and creating a vision for what the area could be.
  • The bridge will probably be a draw bridge with the middle section lifting up.
  • Frank Gehry can design a building with whatever developer comes on board.
  • The three business men are actually two business men and a business woman checking out a document.
  • Dubai is about showing the world they can spend money and build things that will make the world like them, Toronto is building neighbourhoods and restitching the urban fabric.

You obviously took my 'giggle-inducing' comment as a serious critique. We were having fun at the expense of some shitty renders - what got your panties in a bunch?

Sad old Toronto's attempt at Dubai.

Yeah I know, all those giant sky scrapers surrounded by highways and malls, and all of those ridiculously luxurious homes that are unattainable for the local population... This development has second rate Dubai written all over it....

This looks awesom, I just hope it can all be finalized before Rob Ford takes over and redesigns all the streets as freeways

Back