40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Have curves and smooth shapes been banned in downtown Toronto? The suburbs are getting more impressive sleek, curved, futuristic architecture than us here.

^^^ thats a valid point, though this looks quite cutting edge as well with lots of odd angles and abstract shapes. Impressive names behind this...

All things equal, rectangular tends to look better, or rather, screw up less. Nothing worse than a sloppy eliptical shape. The real problem is that curved shapes tend to make floor plans inefficient and harder to work with.

i hate the look of those buildings at the north end of the site (the shorter ones). a 2 year old could have come up with those designs (no offence to the designers). aside from that, this project can really help the waterfront. :D

i hate the look of those buildings at the north end of the site (the shorter ones). a 2 year old could have come up with those designs (no offence to the designers). aside from that, this project can really help the waterfront. :D

Steveve, are you talking about the ones in the distance? I don't believe those sites have been designed yet. Believe those are just placeholder buildings.

Apart from the Moshe Safdie building, I don't think any of these have been actually designed yet. Placeholders and imaginative renderings, folks.

Pretty sure this is just a neighbourhood-level projection of how the general neighbourhood will look, in terms of building zoning and whatnot. I suspect the architectural design of the specific buildings is yet to come. That said, I wouldn't put my money on them being much more interesting than these. Still, just the fact that this area is being developed in such a thoughtful way is great news.

Steveve, are you talking about the ones in the distance? I don't believe those sites have been designed yet. Believe those are just placeholder buildings.

no, the ones just before the gardner (they are part of the project)

Back