News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Unfortunately Calgary’s massive piles of gravel would destroy that machine instantly lol.

On a serious note, that thing would work well on the protected cycle tracks downtown or the ones like they have on 24th Ave/ Montgomery
And in the long term the city needs to buy one of these tiny sweepers to do all the cycle tracks and sidewalks themselves
Dulevo-DZero-2-Fully-Electric-Eco-Vacuum-Compact-Sidewalk-Street-Sweeper-Bike-Path-Lane-Sweepi...jpg
d9ec891d-e2ab-42c7-b085-6344495e08a2_1920x1080.jpg

It's hotter in Perth than it is in Calgary, but I think you might be remembering the weather as hotter than it was. Almost all of the year the evenings cool down decently.

View attachment 420624
As always, when it comes to weather, there is perception, and there is reality. I have a friend who lives in Sydney, and she’s always talking about it’s in the 40s all the time, but looking at the stats, it only hits those temperatures once in a while, and throughout the winter, it’s in the teens, much of the time, fairly often with overnight lows, getting close freezing.

Looks like summer this weekend, to plant or not to plant.... lol I'll probably wait a few more weeks still
I've been burned a few times by trying to get something on when there's a nice forecast lol. For me it's never before May long, no matter how nice things look. I find for plants like tomatoes, waiting until the end of May or first few days of June ends up better for them long term.
This year though I might not be able to wait that long, my plants are between a foot and half to 2' now. Not sure why but they're growing rapidly this year.

I would agree.

We're currently on track for this year to be the hottest ever globally. There's also a very strong El Nino developing in the Pacific right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we've already seen the last of cold weather this spring
Because you said that, we will have at least 1 more 2' snowfall now. haha

I do believe this will be the longest early spring heatwave in the 12 springs I have lived here…

TWN long range has it lasting through Friday. 8 days above 21. The highest April temp ever recorded was 29.4° on April 29, 1926. Can’t find May.

EB6F2A7A-18C5-46E0-9C13-5D57E5535650.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm starting to get nervous about this summer, all this heat right now is melting the above average snowpack in BC and the below average snowpack in Alberta. BC is getting flooding and we are going into another drought, could see the Bow and Elbow start to dwindle by late summer if we don't get much rain.

Back