News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Just saw the Colours of Battistella (2 blocks away) get hit by lightning. That was wild, a couple of short buildings just caught bolts too, and possibly Nuera. Loudest (closest) thunder and lightning I’ve seen here in my 11 years.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Major downpourage yesterday. A coworker of mine left his car parked with his convertible top open and didn’t realize storm had hit until it was too late!
IMG_0836.jpeg

Squirrels ate my sunflowers, who was it that suggested Falconry? Need to thin those buggers out! haha. Sunflowers were about 3' tall and would have probably flowered in a few weeks, I'll try again but think it will be too late in the summer to get anything.
Sadly I watched squirrels the other day stealing some tomatoes. I had some tomatoes that were close to baseball sized and now they're gone. They're on the ground with bite marks :mad: They've also put the kibosh on some of my squash, taking a bit out of the squash and then leaving it This is getting really frustrating.

I've been taking a two pronged approach to the squirrels. I've hired my son to shoot his nerf gun at them and I have the hose with a sprayer ready.

My neighbours have chicken wire around all their tomatoes, I'm curious how well this will work. I'm considering leaving dog crap near the things I want to squirrels to leave alone, and also might let the dog chase squirrels out of the yard when I do see them lol.

My neighbours have chicken wire around all their tomatoes, I'm curious how well this will work. I'm considering leaving dog crap near the things I want to squirrels to leave alone, and also might let the dog chase squirrels out of the yard when I do see them lol.
So far the water spray gun seems to have worked. I haven’t seen the squirrels come around since they got sprayed a couple of days ago. On a sidenote, a few days ago there were quite a few orange tomatoes and I went up to pick them today and there’s no sign of them so I don’t know what’s going on.
It’s really disappointing though, this is one of the best garden years we’ve seen in a while, and it should be a bumper crop, but it’s not looking like.

Lots of hail at the airport. Lots of ground water. Need a whole bunch more of this rain to bring our ground water levels back up though. Still pretty dry everywhere.

I'd like to have a rain barrel setup, but where the drain spout is there isn't a spot for a rain barrel. My neighbor has a three barrel system, and it gathers up alot of water. Even a 10 minutes thunderstorm will fill all three barrels.

Back