News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Eug

Member Bio
Reaction score
Wellbeing Toronto Site & Wellbeing Toronto Map

Wellbeing Toronto is a new web-based measurement and visualization tool that helps evaluate community wellbeing across the city's 140 neighbourhoods. Using geographic information software, Wellbeing Toronto allows you to select, combine and weight the significance of a number of indicators that monitor neighbourhood wellness. The results appear instantly on easy to read maps, tables and graphs. This free tool supports decision making and seeks to engage citizens and businesses in understanding the challenges and opportunities of creating and maintaining healthy neighbourhoods. You can also find detailed demographic information about each neighbourhood, prepared by the City's Social Policy Analysis & Research Unit here.

Interesting. Note that it's very slow, and it must be some computer generated URL that it redirects to since it's an extremely long string of gibberish characters. However, it does seem to work.

I have to say I am against the idea of rating neighbourhoods if other people who are also rating can see the results. The results of studies become less valuable when people are presented with statistics and other people's opinions first. People should be doing their own research and make their own decisions free of the bias of others. If an only if the plan was to spend more city funds in poorly rated neighbourhoods would there be any value in this at all.

The first thing I get is a map showing dark for high population and light for low population. The suburban areas are cut into large neighbourhoods are cut into big areas and the downtown areas are cut into small areas. Very valuable comparison that without though would lead people to believe the suburbs are dense and only a few neighbourhoods in the code get close.

Back