8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

trtcttc

Member Bio
Reaction score
New Proposal on 19th St NW between 1st and 2nd Ave. Just south of the 19+2 development (same developer, ECLiving) and north of the proposed 118/119 19th by RNDSQR. Across from the Made by Marcus. Can’t find the zoning application on DMAPs but it’s LOC2024-0183.

24m maximum height, 101 units, 71 parking stalls + 61 class 1 bike stalls. 4 19th street facing retail units.

Decent material and colours, nothing fancy but based on 19+2 they build close to the renderings. And ECLiving seems to do a decent job of maintenance and upkeep.

IMG_2710.jpeg

IMG_2711.jpeg

IMG_2712.jpeg

New Proposal on 19th St NW between 1st and 2nd Ave. Just south of the 19+2 development (same developer, ECLiving) and north of the proposed 118/119 19th by RNDSQR. Across from the Made by Marcus. Can’t find the zoning application on DMAPs but it’s LOC2024-0183.

24m maximum height, 101 units, 71 parking stalls + 61 class 1 bike stalls. 4 19th street facing retail units.

Decent material and colours, nothing fancy but based on 19+2 they build close to the renderings. And ECLiving seems to do a decent job of maintenance and upkeep.

View attachment 581952
View attachment 581953
View attachment 581954
The community will be upset, but another one confirming 19th Street as a nice main street node (although famously, not an “official” Main Street of the city’s brand). Great scale for the area.

Maybe I am misremembering, wasn’t there another smaller project proposed right next to 19/2? Does this one replace that proposal or maybe I’m mixed up?

With the new buildings and main floor retail I wonder if 19th St will have more commercial than Montgomery's and Bowness' main streets

The community will be upset, but another one confirming 19th Street as a nice main street node (although famously, not an “official” Main Street of the city’s brand). Great scale for the area.

Maybe I am misremembering, wasn’t there another smaller project proposed right next to 19/2? Does this one replace that proposal or maybe I’m mixed up?
Yes there was, Hillhurst Block.

There’s going to be some NIMBYs in any community but I think the concerns for the community has mainly been about parking and developers build below the minimum because of a “primary transit network”

For parking, this development actually provides an amount above the bylaw and I think reasonable for the size. However, many developments in the area mentions that the 1 route is on the Primary Transit Network, which is 10 minute frequency, 15/7. The route operates 15 minutes headway at best and definitely not 15/7. I don’t expect the PTN to be active today, but in approving developments in part because of a PTN, there should be concrete timelines provided by the city on when the route would be upgraded to PTN.

View attachment 581952

Looks good. Interesting that we are seeing so much development on streets like 19 St, 20 Av etc - more than we are in many of the designated "main streets"

I have mixed feelings about this proposal. One one hand it's good scale, and a good boost to 19th as a corridor, on the other hand, the previous proposal was a nice little niche building, and with a couple more of those along with RNSQR's proposal, that block could have been a diverse little street front.
I'll take this for the win though, as it's still a big improvement for 19th.

Last edited:

Back