News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Canada: Alberta, BC, Saskatchewan (for 1 day), Ontario (layover twice in Toronto)

Croatia: All over the country
Bosnia and Herzegovina: Mostar
Slovenia
Italy: Rome

...and that's all folks! Hopefully this list will start expanding as I get older lol

Can we provide all this info to the airlines and EIA to get more flights?

if we do, it might be nice to supplement it with how many of our flights are taken through "anywhere but calgary" if we don't have a direct flight from edmonton.

and, for what it's worth, not only would all my my flights qualify for that list and my wife and i are at the age where we only fly at the front of the plane (which are the seats the airlines are most interested in as that's where all of their margin is).

Canada:
-British Columbia
-Alberta
-Ontario
-New Brunswick
-Prince Edward Island
-Nova Scotia
(I have travelled more in PEI and Nova Scotia than in Alberta, if you can believe that. I've been to Halifax as many times as I have Calgary)
United States:
-California
-Montana
Germany:
-Munich
Austria:
-Salzburg
France:
-Paris
-Arras/Vimy Ridge

I would definitely return to any of the places mentioned above, and to travel more fully within Canada and throughout Europe. Highest on my list are the United Kingdom and Germany. I would also quite like to travel to southern Africa, the far north, and Antarctica.

Canada: B.C., Alta, Sask, Man, Ont, Que.
U.S.: Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Illinois, Montana, Colorado, North Dakota, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Mississippi, Louisiana, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, New York, New Jersey.
France
England
Japan
Philippines

Oh and most importantly I went to all the country pavilions at Expo 86 and I been on the It's a small world ride at Disneyland at least twice. 😋

U.S.: Washington, Oregon, California, Texas, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Illinois, Montana, Colorado, North Dakota, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Mississippi, Louisiana, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, New York, New Jersey.
France
England
Japan
Philippines

Oh and most importantly I went to all the country pavilions at Expo 86 and I been on the It's a small world ride at Disneyland at least twice. 😋
do you still have your "passport book" and pictures with expo ernie?

do you still have your "passport book" and pictures with expo ernie?

France
England
Japan
Philippines

I have mine from 67 somewhere in my collection.

One of my favorite cities is Barcelona as shown below. Along with the nearby terrain and the beaches, is this great human scale of all the buildings - and so colorful. Amazing as a pedestrian to stroll around including all the vibrant alleys.
Why does Edmonton need or want to be such a tall city that isn't nearly as pleasant to walk around in? When I say need, it seems developers can't make a financial go of it unless they build tall.

Screenshot_20210824-163520_Samsung Internet.jpg

Barcelona looks like a convoluted mess if you ask me.
Screenshot_20210824-174246_Maps.jpg

The "old city" is somewhat "messy", because it is a medieval, organic network.

But most os Barcelona is actually very well organized, tidy and absolutely beautiful. Densely packed, walkable, full of life, vibrancy... I would love Edmonton to be more like this "convoluted mess", rather than the endless, boring and sterile sea of cookie-cutter single family suburban neighborhoods. I do like that we get to build high-rise buildings, especially in the core, though, and I think it provides a very interesting contrast with dense mid-rise blocks in the surrounding neighborhoods, while also giving an extra density boost that seems to be culturally necessary for our urban life, at least on this side of the pond.

One of my favorite cities is Barcelona as shown below. Along with the nearby terrain and the beaches, is this great human scale of all the buildings - and so colorful. Amazing as a pedestrian to stroll around including all the vibrant alleys.
Why does Edmonton need or want to be such a tall city that isn't nearly as pleasant to walk around in? When I say need, it seems developers can't make a financial go of it unless they build tall.

View attachment 343724
Barcelona and Valencia are at the top of my European destinations list for when I can actually travel.

Back