News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Pitfield is committed to Ford. Milczyn is and was a member of the right wing Responsible Government Group. Matlow is on record as supporting whomever is mayor. Hall supported Miller on the big issues.

Absolutely! There are way to many people who expect their councillor to make it work. They can't sustain political support if they appear to be a hindrance to effective administration.

Heard Pitfield say it. "Honkydonkey" is a person who takes herself a lot less seriously than some of the stuffed shirts who post their haikus on this site.

Heard Pitfield say it.

Despite her rightish 2006 mayoral campaign, Pitfield's more of a "John Tory" moderate by nature--and this may give a clearer idea of the nuances behind her "commitment to Ford".

Pitfield isn't publicly supporting any candidate for mayor, and has not sought any mayoral candidate's endorsement. However, she tells us, "if you ask George [Smitherman] and Rob [Ford] who they prefer in Ward 29, they'll both say 'Jane Pitfield.'" Pitfield adds, "Ward 29 is in disrepair, and fixing it is going to require budget dollars. I don't want to compromise the best possible relationship I can have with the next mayor."

So (and not unlike what you're reporting from Matlow)...she's committed to the next mayor, be it Ford or Smitherman. (As opposed to those, uh, downtown lefties who wouldn't be committed to Ford in any way, shape, or form.)

"Honkydonkey" is a person who takes herself a lot less seriously than some of the stuffed shirts who post their haikus n this site.

Yeah, but by "taking yourself a lot less seriously", you're blinding yourself to how ineptly obvious your vanity-threading and spamming on behalf of Sean McCormick from the right is....

How much of the ward is composed of Liberty Village? And "contender" doesn't mean "cinch".

The Parkdale-Liberty Villager endorsed Sun. Why is McCormick a lock in Liberty Village?

Also, McCormick opposes electrification of the airport rail link, which runs right alongside Liberty Village. He also opposes the Downtown Relief Line, and he opposes bike lanes on anything other than arterial roads, which means he is promising more congestion for anyone crawling along Liberty Street in their car.

It is possible that condo residents might respond more to McCormick's anti-waste platform than than the NDP folks in Little Italy, but if they seriously compare Karen Sun's policy for the ward's south end (better planning, more services, more transit) with McCormick's (seek City Hall approval for a bridge that it has already approved), I think the south end will realize that Sun has more to say about what matters to them.

Can we just re-boot this thread once we know the actual makeup of the newly elected council in 12 hours?

It would indeed be interesting to know if council would approve the cancellation of our streetcar order and Transit City under Ford.

My assessment:

Seats shifted right:
*1 - Vincent Crisanti
*18 - Ana Bailao
*32 - Mary-Margaret McMahon
*35 - Michelle Berardinetti

Seats shifted left:
*13- Sarah Doucette
*22 - Josh Matlow
*25 - Jaye Robinson
*27 - Kristyn Wong-Tam
*29 - Mary Fragedakis

My assessment:

Seats shifted right:
*1 - Vincent Crisanti
*18 - Ana Bailao
*32 - Mary-Margaret McMahon
*35 - Michelle Berardinetti

And only the first of those is a shift *hard* right. The other three are, at most, mushy-middle...

Back