News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Dufferin Mall isn't in Parkdale. Parkdale is down around Queen and King streets. Dufferin Mall is up between College and Bloor.

Yeah. Riverdale. Totally. The worst part is that Mr. Weatherbee keeps trying to make me work when I'm chatting with the girls. Also my best friend won't stop eating hamburgers.

Yeah. Riverdale. Totally. The worst part is that Mr. Weatherbee keeps trying to make me work when I'm chatting with the girls. Also my best friend won't stop eating hamburgers.

The worst part of Riverdale is the petty crime. A well-dressed pink-haired man keeps eating the fruit off my mulberry tree!

Eglinton through York also leaves much to be desired. In fact, I've never really liked most 20s era suburban commercial strips.

Though at least it's "vital"--something you can't say about the Mount Dennis stretch of Weston Road (which, perhaps, provides more of that forlorn US-style "ghetto" experience than any other strip in Toronto)

Church-Wellesley village. Because there aren't enough clubs. There's no Unity and no Sky.

There's no right answer as this is a personal question. I would personally nominate the waterfront - cookie cutter, no street life, no subway, highways and off ramps everywhere, and the worst weather in the city. You couldn't pay me to live south of Front. Others would call me nuts, but I prefer living in the city.

The worst neighbourhoods are those located far from the arterial roads or public transit, especially those with cul-de-sacs. No stores within walking distance. If you have to use a car for just about everything, schools, doctor, recreation, transit, etc., that is one neighbourhood I would avoid to live in.

The uncontrolled vomiting by some scantily-clad girls in the Entertainment District every Friday and Saturday night. It's criminal.

Though at least it's "vital"--something you can't say about the Mount Dennis stretch of Weston Road (which, perhaps, provides more of that forlorn US-style "ghetto" experience than any other strip in Toronto)

Wow, I drive by that area quite often - you really think it has anything on US-style "ghetto" ! If that's the case I don't think you been exposed to the later!

Wow, I drive by that area quite often - you really think it has anything on US-style "ghetto" ! If that's the case I don't think you been exposed to the later!

It's only *very* relatively speaking--and says more about how the rest of Toronto has prospered, also relatively speaking...

To answer this question seriously, there is no "worst" neighbourhood in Toronto because poverty and deprivation is very patchy. There are absolute slums hidden inside fairly affluent neighbourhoods, and tidy, respectable houses in areas that have horrible reputations. A lot of it is hidden. I remember when I was renting houses as a student, I visited a bay and gable somewhere on the edge of Riverdale which looked unassuming, but when I went inside it looked like a crack house you might see on "The Wire", complete with recovering drug addicts with sullen faces staring at you from burned-out rooms and a distinct rotting smell everywhere you went. Needless to say, I told the landlord flat out that this wasn't really my cup of tea. I've also seen places that looked like they could've been rat-infested from the outside but turned out to be well-kept and renovated on the inside. Appearances are deceiving. On any given street in Toronto, you could have anybody from a professional making six figures to a bunch of illegal renters crammed into a basement with no windows.

1) Rosedale...Most paranoid residents in toronto, sitting around worring about R/E values anytime they see a toyota in their hood
2) Forest Hill... Tackiest Mcmansions you ever saw. No taste or sense of style
3) Any neighborhood in Mississauga... A bunch of loser kids smoking weed in their parents basement all day
4) College street every world cup
5) Yorkville...If i see another botched plastic surgery i'm gonna puke

Maybe you need to get over yourself and realize that some people are more successful than you. They aren't looking down on you, you're actually the one judging them, and diminishing yourself.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention my old neighbourhood. Mt. Dennis actually has some decent spots - perhaps I'm being kind - but that stretch of Weston is truly dire, especially if, like me, you remember what it was once like.

There's no right answer as this is a personal question. I would personally nominate the waterfront - cookie cutter, no street life, no subway, highways and off ramps everywhere, and the worst weather in the city. You couldn't pay me to live south of Front. Others would call me nuts, but I prefer living in the city.

Queen's Quay is vibrant and can be very pleasant. I could live in the Arthur Erickson condo with Harbourfront Centre, HTO, and the Music Garden at my doorstep. One could make a huge list of such amenities.

Back