News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Yesterday found me looking at a $400,000 home on this street--should I buy it?

dsc01710g.jpg

when i was apartment hunting, i checked out a place on this street. wow. what a dump!

it smells like garbage and dead rats in that alley. why? because its full of garbage and dead rats!

the apartment was pretty funny too. uneven concrete floors painted to resemble wood.

i remember spacing magazine called this a hidden gem in toronto. i laughed.

I doubt Spacing was rating apartments. The street does look to be a gem for a flaneur. The apartments and alley can always be improved.

Peepers you are correct: Glen Baillie Place. I looked at a cute rowhouse for sale for $400,000 in that block (seen in my last photo.) Damn I must say, it was gorgeous, but slightly out of my price range.:( It was filled with a multi-generational Chinese family, and was surprisingly clean although partially filled with junk. My gf was concerned it would be filled with roaches, and the agent thought the area smelled "horribly of garbage" lol.

Guess what? It's one of my dream homes in Toronto--if only I could buy up the entire street.:) (And build a loft building on the parking lot.)

Last edited:
I doubt Spacing was rating apartments. The street does look to be a gem for a flaneur. The apartments and alley can always be improved.

'Flaneur' - had to look this up. Didn't know there was a word for this; thanks.:)

That's an awfully gritty street.

Last edited:
Indeed you are correct!

Pretty easy street follows below, but really I'm just posting this photo because I ****ing love the new Kia Soul, especially in black.:)

dsc01860m.jpg

_______@________ (taken on Sunday, 5 April 2009: what a gorgeous afternoon!)

Last edited:
Queen West, west of Bathurst... near Euclid or Manning (man I love google maps!)

can anybody place this beautiful Mission style church? a hint, east side.

2682490156_0034a7ed92_o.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, it's the block between Manning and Niagara. In fact, you know what's in that photo? My old place on Queen St West, now known as Charlie.

Here's another easy street, same day. Tempting to drive over these annoying slow walkers--what are they doing in the middle of a Toronto street?:p

dsc01912l.jpg

wow, you are the man! (not even your side of town!) I just went through my archives to find a better contextual shot, for what its worth...

3419655199_1424231444_o.jpg

Last edited:

Back