News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

2449 Yonge St, at Erskine. The sidewalks look like crap, and many stores are vacant/closing. For a few years, maybe from 2004-2008, the area was hopping. Sad to see the more condos you build doesn't solve every problem...like a retail recession.

The sidewalks have nothing to do with anything ... you can thank the city for that.

Very few stores in that area are vacant for your information. If you go farther north you'll find some.

^Well duh, obviously the sidewalks have nothing to do with the BIA there. However, I believe the reason the garbage can is on its side there is because the sidewalks and sewers are being redone.... Yeah, from Erskine northwards, as the pedestrian traffic thins, the number of store vacancies increases.

Last Friday evening found me biking past Denise Benson's new home at ____ on ______:

dsc01929.jpg

Yeah, around College and Clinton.

Earlier on Saturday, the rain destroyed any chance of me enjoying the Bloor Street Festival, so on my way to get a coffee I found myself staring at ____:--a future grand avenue?

dsc01954p.jpg

Last edited:
^Oh my, you're good adma! Luna Cafe, SE corner of Dovercourt Rd and Argyle, just beyond the lofts here:

dsc01960f.jpg

edit: And another view looking north east, with Luna Cafe on the right:

dsc01992o.jpg

(It's one of my top 10 cafes in the city.:))

Last edited:
Bathurst just north of College? (Is that the seniors home with the old church tower on the left?)

Back