News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I also finished Uptown and One Bedford as well as added Couture, X2 and Chaz on Charles. To complete that shot I should really add U condos on the far right.

;)

And as I just posted on SSP, depending on how the presales market hold up, by eoy 2015 there could be more buildings in this view:

Extreme left--Pears on the Avenue. Then there's 3 or 4 towers proposed on Yonge St near the Canadian Tire--a condo and a hotel proposal at 906 Yonge St, and another at 901 Yonge St. Between the Florian and Milan should be the Yorkville Condominiums then there's the 2 tower old 4S replacements; finally, Minto St Thomas in front of 1 St Thomas with 77 Charles to the right.

Slightly out of the shot to right will be U 1&2, the St Mary St Victoria College residences/seminary, Nicholas Residences, Five and that Sherbourne St highrise rental.

Perhaps the Bazis "Exhibit" condo will show up in this view, as may Museum House and that Devonshire Place UofT Goldring Centre for High Performance Athletics

Finally, Plazacorp's (?) Wellesley St E condo tower is about ready to launch....

the scale of the Four Seasons and 1 Bloor east seem exaggerated. Can this be right? They look twice as tall as the Uptown, which is 48 floors tall. The Four Seasons is only 50-something and yet it looms over the rest of the area.

The CIBC tower is 60% the height of 1 Bloor. It is hard to tell how much of the CIBC building is obscured by the smaller buildings and trees in front of it.

I use clues in the image itself to define the proposed heights of the renders. Granted, they may be off because I am only a guy drawing them, not a time traveller, however I try to get the scale of each project right.

I made One Bloor about 248 meters because it seems with the recent height increase, it may be about that. Furthermore, I use the distance between the roofs of 2 Bloor East and 2 Bloor West (which is a known measurement) to create a scale of what 10 meters at Yonge and Bloor, from that vantage point, would look like... And then I just draw. It may seem exaggerated but it's pretty close. One Bloor is going to be a monster.

So in conclusion, I take a stab at it!

;)

This is a technical issue but does anyone else have this problem: The full picture in this section is thumbnailed properly on the main page but when you read the article the right half of the pictures is cropped out? In the pictures above I can't see anything right of the Hudson's Bay building.

Try resizing the page with your internet browser to a lower magnification and the image will appear.

For Internet Explorer it is a Tab on the lower right near your clock that says %100.

For Mozilla you can use the keys Ctrl (Control) and the Plus " " or Minus "-" keys next to the backspace key.

:)

Back