News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Hold on while I lol.

A trade war isn't an actual war, you know. In fact, 'trade war' is a stupid term that needs to die.

Though, if it makes you feel better, today, I bought a bottle of Chic Choc rum from Québec instead of my usual Yankee Sailor Jerry's or Kraken for my camping trip.
Trade war! Except in my case the only thing dying is my brain, liver, pancreas.....wait, why is this shit legal but mushrooms aren't? Never mind, trick question...there isn't an actual logical explanation.

I'm quite aware of that. My point was that our "biggest trading partner and closest ally" is waging a war of words and implementing economic policies designed to negatively impact our country, directly.

To dismiss Harper's actions as nothing more than a visit to our friendly neighbour is extremely naive.

The poster has a clear double standard in place, which seems to have completely flew over your head.

Regardless what I think about Trudeau and the Liberals, I can't support the CPC in its current form. Too many lies and Trump tactics. Their social media is beyond awful with Hamish Marshall running the show.

The poster has a clear double standard in place, which seems to have completely flew over your head.

Maybe they do, but they sure as hell wouldn't be the only one around here to have a clear double standard in place. The self-righteous usually do.

I'm quite aware of that. My point was that our "biggest trading partner and closest ally" is waging a war of words and implementing economic policies designed to negatively impact our country, directly.

Man, we need to get over it. Personally, my biggest trading partners are the EU and China, and I sure as hell wouldn't put my own life on the line to defend their idiotic gun and prison obsession.

It's time to walk away. In fact, we should thank the orange man for maybe finally giving us the collective impetus to do so. Good riddance.

My feeling is Scheer holds the 35% or so right-wing base. He picks up the pieces from some of the red wave losses (i.e. rural New Brunswick, bits of the outer GTA) and may make some gains in Quebec. The Conservative vote share will likely increase in the Prairies but since they dominate there anyway it doesn't really translate into many seats.

Bernier would have been like Hudak. They would have been shut out of Atlantic Canada and he would have cost them working class Tories in Ontario and the BC interior too.

Think the next election will be a battle of angry guys and females scared of Trump Politics really.

Looking at the polls the Liberals are becoming increasingly unpopular with males but are keeping strong support from females.

That is what it will come down to in 2019.

Think the next election will be a battle of angry guys and females scared of Trump Politics really.

Looking at the polls the Liberals are becoming increasingly unpopular with males but are keeping strong support from females.

Angry guys and females scared of orange man politics?

That's a really simplified way of looking at it.

What about the rest of us? I mean, I know that the majority of votes don't count, but we're still here!

My feeling is Scheer holds the 35% or so right-wing base. He picks up the pieces from some of the red wave losses (i.e. rural New Brunswick, bits of the outer GTA) and may make some gains in Quebec. The Conservative vote share will likely increase in the Prairies but since they dominate there anyway it doesn't really translate into many seats.

Bernier would have been like Hudak. They would have been shut out of Atlantic Canada and he would have cost them working class Tories in Ontario and the BC interior too.

Why do you reckon he'd cost them working class Tories?

I think the Liberals are only strong with women who believe it's ok to grope women - which I would have thought is a rather small subset.

As a young woman myself the number of progressive women who would scream bloody murder at an average person saying Policeman were all making really pathetic excuses for Trudeau Behaviour.

"all men have gropped a woman, give him a break"
"he apologized it is fine, people make mistakes as a kid (28 years old)"
"why is this an issue, Trump did worse"
"it was just some ass, I dont mind if he grabs mine"

Reality is with any politician that has a cult-like personality based following you get followers who will excuse anything he does.

I haven't really been following....was it some creep move he pulled?

I mean, I've groped enough ladies in my time. ...mind you, it was consensual groping (I have references), which is why I'm wondering if this was not consensual as well.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a creep, I'm just not yet convinced he is one.

Based on the accusation he groped a woman and she did not approve and the PM defence was "I would not have done that if I knew you were a professional reporter"

Which gives me the sense he did this before because it was 2000 and a guy like Justin likely could get away with anything in those days I think.

Back