News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

"Abortion-tainted vaccines?" Wowsers. They're really letting their freak flag fly now, aren't they?
Of course, that's only the Campaign Life Coalition. Not the whole party.

And of course, they have a readymade solution to the "electability problem": resort to a Canuckistani version of the Big Lie.

I heard one of the Ottawa truckers interviewed yesterday and he made the point that it's his body and he should control what goes into it. "MY body, my choice". I wished the interviewer had asked him if he approved of abortion as I bet THAT"S a different story.

Former Harper cabinet minister says Bergen’s support of convoy hurts Conservatives

It's time we renamed this thread.

My suggestion is: "How do you think the Conservative Party will break up/disappear into irrelevance? [POLL]"

It's time we renamed this thread.

My suggestion is: "How do you think the Conservative Party will break up/disappear into irrelevance? [POLL]"
I think that question is being answered as we watch. They will elect a right-wing socially conservative man who will energise the right-wing part of the base, make the centrist part stay home on election day and alarm potential new voters. ("Who is Pierre Polievre?")

Umm, MPs are specifically elected to represent the people. All democratic legitimacy flows through MPs. If anything, I have a much bigger problem with private, unaccountable, opaque organizations like political parties selecting party leaders. It is frankly rather strange that we allow <1% of Canadians to elect our PM in the event the governing party needs to select a new leader. The only thing that makes it acceptable to me is that MPs, who are the conduit of democracy, have to go along with it.

Frankly, we should be making MPs a lot more consequential. IMO, I prefer the system where the MPs elect the leader of the party. Many people seem to have the bizarre impression that the PM is a president.

I heard one of the Ottawa truckers interviewed yesterday and he made the point that it's his body and he should control what goes into it. "MY body, my choice". I wished the interviewer had asked him if he approved of abortion as I bet THAT"S a different story.
It's for this reason I oppose overly oppressive vaccine mandates.

Back