News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I play Russian roulette at House of Lords. It's only 15 bucks for a men's wash and cut, but the drawback is that the music is terrible and about 1 cut in 5 is bad enough that I just go home and shave the rest off.

How hard would it be for one to do their own hair? I am thinking about doing that.

Not a good idea. Not even experienced stylists cut their own hair other than trimming off the ends if it's long. Unless you're just shaving it off, I don't think your hair will look to good if you cut it yourself.

I used to cut mine when I was a poor art student, and it looked lovely. All you need is a large mirror, a hand mirror, scissors, courage, imagination ... and hair!

I would recommend "the IN Cut" at 7 Howard street. Ask for "Lou" (the owner). For a mens haircut the price is $17.

I used to cut mine when I was a poor art student, and it looked lovely. All you need is a large mirror, a hand mirror, scissors, courage, imagination ... and hair!

Prove it or that's all nonsense! Lol j/k

Anyways, I suppose this would be easier for a girl than for a guy - guys tend to have shorter hair, so that would make it all the more difficult, right?

I need to find a place downtown that is no more than $25. More than that for a basic mens haircut is far too much money.
Right now I go to The Barber's Chair in Square One.

I'll probably just hit up House of Lords.

I normally pay $35 + tip at Seduction above Curry's on Yonge but I hit Ho's for the first time last week on Wellesley just west of Church. 20 bucks, great cut. My roommate goes there, they always do a great job on him at Ho's so I thought I'd try them out. I left a happy customer.

The Terminal Barber, at Bay and Dundas. They are the best.

I just tried going there, and the place is like a broom closet, and it was so busy, that there were 6 people standing not including myself. I didn't stick around.

$13 Wash, cut, rewash, scalp massage, gel, and blow dry in Chinatown.

You don't have to worry too much about articulating what you want, because you won't understand each other anyway. ;) Even so, the hair cuts are usually way better than Top Cuts or the student stylists. They're hole-in-the-wall places, but it's like going to a good dive for lunch. Lousy decor, great food.

Back