8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

just1time

Member Bio
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck on mls at all, and on the internet period. Can anyone steer me in the right direction if am looking to buy buildings like a 6-20 apartment complex for example.

thanks

just1time

for something like that, you're better off with a realtor. it might be classified as commercial

I haven't had much luck on mls at all, and on the internet period. Can anyone steer me in the right direction if am looking to buy buildings like a 6-20 apartment complex for example.

thanks

just1time

Im curious what your objectives are with this sort of investment. I have many clients in the business. It's widely perceived as a wealth protecting asset category as opposed to wealth creating.

A lot of these deals happen exclusively - off MLS. Drop me an email and I can point you in the right direction: geoffrey(at)gracehomes.com

My goal is to purchase one of these and manage it for a long-run goal of building equity and wealth. I will be looking at paying it off within a relatively short-time frame so the bank wont end up making me wait about 30years before enjoying the benefits of such an asset. That is just my goal on surface level.

GraceCondos...will be in touch shortly.

i hope you have alot of free cash available because the bank may need at least 30-40% dp, and with that much equity tied up you may just break even or make slightly positive cash flow.

you might have to leave Toronto though.

Hmmm... The people I know who do this aren't necessarily looking to become wealthy, but are already comparatively wealthy and want something that can provide a stable (but ultimately low) return. And they definitely aren't shopping on mls.ca.

Hmmm... The people I know who do this aren't necessarily looking to become wealthy, but are already comparatively wealthy and want something that can provide a stable (but ultimately low) return. And they definitely aren't shopping on mls.ca.

Can you please elaborate , preferably with an example on what you mean when you say stable low return.

I don't have specifics, as I don't own any rental properties. However, my friends in the business say that they buy rental buildings without any real consideration of resale pricing. They're buying for the long haul, and want good buildings with good tenants and a steady cash flow, with a return that's greater than what a high interest bank account would provide but are not expecting returns in the double digit percentages.

Any increase in the value of the property is a bonus, but not a main consideration because they're not speculating on real estate price swings.

BTW, most of the time they are paying for this in cash. They usually already have the money, so mortgages are not a consideration. And if they don't have the cash, they go in with a group of investors, each with 6-digit $ to invest in cash (often from wholly owned but separate companies). The problem here with having a significant mortgage is that it will eat away at the return, and could put you into negative return territory. In that context what you're really counting on is future returns, and future resale value, but this is not how these people work. Or at least that's not how my friends and their business partners work.

Back