News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think that if you can provide "proof" or even hard evidence of a rumour, it wouldn't be a rumour. If I want news, I read the Globe. I come here for rumours.

I think that if you can provide "proof" or even hard evidence of a rumour, it wouldn't be a rumour. If I want news, I read the Globe. I come here for rumours.

I would like to clarify that there is absolutely no truth to the rumours that I am now dating Jennifer Anniston.(...and if we are dating, we would like our privacy, please...)

It's just a rumour that i saw my boss leave early and now i'm getting out of here.

Hope the champagne tonight dulls the pain from the miserable markets. Wishing everyone lots of health and happiness in the New Year. Thanks for wasting so much of my time in 2008. see you guys in 2009!!!!!

one of the best ways to kill a project is to post negative rumors, beliefs or thoughts online. many buyers research their potential new home online first and if they hear all kinds of bad news, they will be too scared to invest in the project being negatively rumored about.

you'll be surprised how many people believe what they read simply because it's on the internet or their email inbox.

I think if a project gets killed by internet rumours, it was never that good to begin with.

internet rumors quickly become person to person vocal rumors. "hey bob, did ya hear that project "a" is having problems." "oh, thanks for letting me know jim. i was just gonna buy into it. good thing you told me otherwise."

Before anyone can post anything in this thread, I think they should be required to fully disclose:

1) Who they are and how they are connected to the "biz"
2) Where they got their "rumour" from
3) Proof of such a "rumour"

Otherwise, this is a completely pointless orgy-of-the-newbies-who-think-everything-is-cancelled. I'm frankly getting sick of every single thread on this forum being hijacked by unsubstantiated "I heard it's cancelled" rumours.

When things are ACTUALLY cancelled, you will hear about it. The development "biz" isn't very good at keeping juicy secrets that are true.

Yup!

There is another forum (whose name shall not be spoken) where silliness seems to reign sometimes and where the totally unsubstantiated and pointless rumours might find a home. Personally, I have little time for it.

Call control is absolutely right; the real estate "community" in Toronto is actually fairly small, and news (legitimate news, that is) travels fairly quickly. Almost nothing is really a secret. The people who post nothing but unattributed (and frequently, very unlikely) rumours are actually showing their own ignorance of what is happening.

Last edited:
cancelled projects: the silver lining?

I would imagine that most of the purchases on cancelled condo projects were made at the peak of the market. Which means that purchasers of pricey 500sqft condos might actually have a way out, take back the deposit and use it towards a resale condo in today's market.

Perfect 10 - CANCELLED

Perfect 10 - CANCELLED per Solaris

Thanks for the lead marcus_a_j ~

I just called Remington's sales office, and was advised this Perfect10 Condos project has been cancelled

here's another on to add to the list ! (now that explains why the sales office signage @ Kennedy/Denison was taken down few weeks ago)

Cost of money for Canadian banks...

Anyone notice that TD is raising money at 10%? Does not bode well...

C$ Syndicate Update * NEW ISSUE ANNOUNCEMENT..........
LEAD: TD, RBC CO'S:BNS, BMO, CIBC, HSBC, NBF, ML, DESJ

ISSUER........TD CAPITAL TRUST IV
STRUCTURE.....TIER 1
RATINGS.......A(H)/Aa2/A
MATURITY......10YR 6/30/2019(2108) 30YR 6/30/2039(2108)
SETTLEMENT....1/26/09 1/26/09
SIZE..........MIN 350MM MIN 250MM
GUIDANCE......675BPS 10% COUPON
CANADA'S......6/19-8/23 OVER 33'S
** TOTAL AGGREGATE SIZE NOT MORE THAN 800MM

Anyone notice that TD is raising money at 10%? Does not bode well...

C$ Syndicate Update * NEW ISSUE ANNOUNCEMENT..........
LEAD: TD, RBC CO'S:BNS, BMO, CIBC, HSBC, NBF, ML, DESJ

ISSUER........TD CAPITAL TRUST IV
STRUCTURE.....TIER 1
RATINGS.......A(H)/Aa2/A
MATURITY......10YR 6/30/2019(2108) 30YR 6/30/2039(2108)
SETTLEMENT....1/26/09 1/26/09
SIZE..........MIN 350MM MIN 250MM
GUIDANCE......675BPS 10% COUPON
CANADA'S......6/19-8/23 OVER 33'S
** TOTAL AGGREGATE SIZE NOT MORE THAN 800MM

Hi Adam, do you know the details for the above?

CUSIP or sec. ###?
When is the first callable date?

That's a crazy rate ... are there issues with TD's deposit reserves to be offering such a premium ??!!??

Back