News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I always find it funny when people try and say that so and so isn't from X because they were born in Y or at some point the band lived in Z. Is Metric a Canadian band? I mean Emily Haines also has American citizenship and half the band lives in the US, and have recorded in NYC. Another example, Los Campesinos! is a group of 7 that met at school in Cardiff. None are welsh. Yet ask them all where they're from and they'll say Cardiff.

I think if you asked the members of Arcade Fire, including Win, they would be inclined to say they're from Montreal. If you want to disagree with that you might as well say they're a band from Haiti. Also, if you asked just about anyone who knows anything about music or even the Arcade Fire about where they're from you would get a near unanimous response of "Canada." If both the band and the general public say they're from somewhere, why can't that be true? it's not like Texan drinking water created the band.

I just have to throw in that while good, Arcade Fire are hardly a Canadian band. The core members are from Texas, and have lived in Canada a very short time.

In the same way AC/DC is considered Australian and not British, Arcade Fire is widely considered a Canadian band.

Max Webster - A Million Vacations

friday friday is a good time to shine / night sea journeys journeys to unwind

losing all survival signs / rerun movies taking all your time

C--a million vacations is what you've got in mind

throwing out all kinds of fishing line / friday friday is a good time to shine

rant and rave leave this town behind / start over with a new dream to climb--C

everyone needs a town a tune a dream to rely on

one to dance to one to scream to survive on

you need a high a face a space a chace to rely on

cause you can only drive down main street so many times--C

To me, Rush is like The Clash: highly praised but I find them to be almost unlistenable with the exception of a few songs. Only Rush song I like is Subdivisions.

I happen to like YYZ. Maybe because Geddy Lee doesn't sing! However, Subdivisions has great lyrics, and Lee's voice is bearable in this one.

I can't stand many of their songs like Closer to the Heart or Tom Sawyer though. I tried, and I can't.

RushKimonos.jpg

Back