8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

yaz16

Member Bio
Reaction score
Daniels built this pair of condos. I believe they are called the Capital Towers.

The same thing happened in our building about 5 years ago on the 4th floor. The amount of water flowing down the stairwells was incredible and about a dozen units were severely flooded. I find it amazing that someone hasn't come up with some kind of automatic cut-off safety feature when something like this happens. But then again, I know very little about plumbing, so maybe it isn't possible.

is Kirkor also doing the construction?? Design flaws are reviewed by the city first before anything is built and have to be corrected.

It can't be in theory only. If that is the case buildings would be collapsing, fires starting more frequently etc.

This recent flood is unfortunate but doesn't happen too often. The company who actually did the construction imo prob did a half effort job

Last edited:
A similar thing happened in my last condo only it was a pipe that froze and burst during a cold period in the winter. Seven floors and three parking levels were flooded and was a huge mess. Luckily it was a new building still covered by the Ontario Home Warranty Program (now Tarion) but it was a heck of a mess and took months to completely repair and replace walls, carpets, flooring and such.

When the detached houses on my street were built back in 1990, one of the houses' pipes burst. It flooded the basement and then flowed out onto the driveway onto the street. The city (of York at the time) had to shut off the water and other utilities until it was fixed. It's not just condos that can problems with their infrastructure. It was a nice stream while it lasted, after I phoned it in (before 311). Never did find out what the water bill was for that house.

not everything , but the major things like building structure, pipes and anything else that can cause incredible damage

Back