News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I think they all need help. Not so much a prize, but rather some sort of aptitude testing for work in the trades. Awful stuff indeed, thanks for sharing.

It must be poignant for you looking at that image and thinking about the tawdry times shared with Big Art.

At the very least we all appreciate you prying yourself off it before taking the photo.

I walked past 1 St Thomas last week and they already have their art installed - some wavy marble along the driveway.

If I ever found myself in those hallowed hallways, I would keep my back to the wall.

Art would be a suitable mechanical villian in some horror film at the In/Out festival. In some horror films the suspense eventually proves unbearable and the victims offer themselves up to their tormentor.

I'm trying to figure out what keywords you could have possibly typed into your search engine to come up with that image.

Koh is one of the nominees for the prestigious, $50,000 Sobey Art Award, which is the subject of this thread. It's named in honour of the founder of Sobeys, and is open to artists under the age of 40.

I hope Mississaugan Koh goes all the way.

Will someone please take up this discussion with US. The deafening silence which has greeted this thread is rather thoughtless. This is interesting stuff, Art, and what not.

Raphaelle de Groot

Because she's the only woman on the list. And like me, she's a wood TIGER. :) In fact, her creations remind me of the art I make. Green attracts green attracts green. (Green Sobeys....)

And, guess where Urbandreamer used to live in Montreal? Overlooking the following 1999 piece by de Groot:

Mémoire X99-04.25

deg011.jpg

One hopes that the judges aren't that sexist.

I like de Groot's wrap video.

And Koh's big white ball.

But I came away favouring Lee, especially his Bach video - his hands, spliced exactly with Gould's playing.

Back