News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Though the protests are civil enough (i.e. no bloodbath-in-the-streets kind of thing)--I think at this point, they're less emblematic than Ford's 9-out-of-10-taxpayers muddleheadedness in the council chamber...

I am just a tad curious how a mayor with ~45% support at election time managed to get a 9 out of 10 thumbs up now "from those who talk to him", unless he is pulling a Kim Jong Il. He is becoming embrassingly irrevelant.

AoD

Anyone think there's a chance David Miller could come back? He's recently resurfaced in public and it's clear he badly wants Transit City to be finished. (Interesting that he referred to the Eglinton LRT as a Transit City line in one interview.) Also, his kids will be older and his daddy obligations may be fulfilled by 2014.

Anyone think there's a chance David Miller could come back? He's recently resurfaced in public and it's clear he badly wants Transit City to be finished. (Interesting that he referred to the Eglinton LRT as a Transit City line in one interview.) Also, his kids will be older and his daddy obligations may be fulfilled by 2014.

I didn't think so because he's been staying out of giving his opinions on Ford's management of the city. However, recently, he's started to give his opinion on city policy and has been giving talks on city building. It's not likely, but still totally within the realm of possibility that he could run. Ford vs Miller? Miller would totally win. Optimism and positive outlook on the city, offering a vision for Toronto backed by the experience of 2 terms as Mayor is a winning formula right now.

P.S. Adam Giambrone has become very vocal recently. I think it's more likely that he'll try to run in the next election than David Miller making a return.

Adam Giambrone has become very vocal recently. I think it's more likely that he'll try to run in the next election than David Miller making a return.
Any serious political career Giambrone might have considered died with his scandal. He's damaged goods, and I don't foresee any significant kingmakers on the progressive side supporting him.

Scandal didn't seem to have an impact on Ford's career.

But it already has had an effect on Giambrone's career. Hence, why he's damaged goods. There's not much worse than a fresh sex scandal in the midst of a campaign.

There's not much worse than a fresh sex scandal in the midst of a campaign.
I'm confused ... why is a single man who wasn't even living with someone at the time, having sex with a woman a worse scandal than all the stuff that came out about Ford during the election: the drug charges, the criminal conviction for drunk driving, the falsification of his resume that said he was 2 credits short of graduating University rather than being a 2-time first-year drop-out, lying about each and every one of these, etc.

Having sex in his office is; expensing the city in support of that is. Just because the right is lacking in ethics doesn't mean the left has a carte blanche in the same, or incompetence, on that matter.

AoD

I'm confused ... why is a single man who wasn't even living with someone at the time, having sex with a woman a worse scandal than all the stuff that came out about Ford during the election:

Giambrone made this an issue, no one else really cared.
His weeping on TV and expensing cab rides to the taxpayer is what did him in.

Back