News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They'll do it cheaper and faster; they're cutthroat. I'm interested to see how it's going to affect the Whole Foods snob appeal -- will I still be able to buy organic milk for $12 for 4 litres?

Last edited:
Freshly squeezed organic grain-fed free range fair-trade non-GMO non-antibiotic non-hormone chocolate milk in BHA-free, 100% post-consumer packaging delivered by electric vehicles with full carbon offset**. :D

**All done by strictly minimum wage labour locally - adherence to OH&S may vary by locale.

AoD

First, I have to say, I logged in, just to 'like' this post. LOL

I've seen a few other variations...........but this one gets an A+

More seriously one can see the obvious, theoretical advantages in this WF, capitalization, logistics etc.

But....I do wonder if clashing corporate cultures may be a problem here.

Sobeys still has indigestion from buying Safeway Canada.....

They were not as far apart on the corp. spectrum as these 2

Amazon still working hard to be the most evil company ever.

Amazon also banned staff for expressing support for Black Lives Matter. Blatant racism and sexual harassment to run rampant at their fulfillment facilities with zero repercussions! They ended pandemic pay for all workers despite making billions during the pandemic. Also Bezoes has donated millions to anti LGBTQ Republican candidates as well.

Whole Foods grocery chain bans employees from wearing poppies

Amazon still working hard to be the most evil company ever.

Amazon also banned staff for expressing support for Black Lives Matter. Blatant racism and sexual harassment to run rampant at their fulfillment facilities with zero repercussions! They ended pandemic pay for all workers despite making billions during the pandemic. Also Bezoes has donated millions to anti LGBTQ Republican candidates as well.

Whole Foods grocery chain bans employees from wearing poppies

Wow, horrible, tone-deaf behaviour by Whole Foods. Ford is right to call them out on this.

And so ends the tortured saga of Whole Foods and the poppy.

They are reversing themselves and inviting 'team members' to wear poppies.

Their PR statement:

“Our intention was never to single out the poppy or to suggest a lack of support for Remembrance Day and the heroes who have bravely served their country.”

“Given the learnings of today, we are welcoming Team Members to wear the poppy pin in honour of Remembrance Day

And so ends the tortured saga of Whole Foods and the poppy.

They are reversing themselves and inviting 'team members' to wear poppies.

Their PR statement:

“Our intention was never to single out the poppy or to suggest a lack of support for Remembrance Day and the heroes who have bravely served their country.”

“Given the learnings of today, we are welcoming Team Members to wear the poppy pin in honour of Remembrance Day

LOL - how often have we seen tone-deaf corporations immediately backpedal in the face of a deserved public shaming over something that really should be common sense? I can't believe some mid-level or upper management stooges at Whole Foods approved this policy without realizing the obviously horrible optics and subsequent backlash that would result.

Back