News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Herding cats

hi all,

as was requested last night, i just thought i'd post a quick note to let you know who our new condo board members are.

Michael tanos (3 yr term - result of only owner occupied units vote)
anthony mohansingh (2 yr term)
emelyne nicolas (1 yr term)

seems well-rounded to me. We'll see how it goes!

Cheers!

good luck to the bored!
Herding wild cats is probably easier than getting 200+ households to live together closely with some respect for each other.
Rules schmools ??

Probably the same noisy neighbour on the 6th floor that gets angry when I approachen them around 3:00 AM saying "com'on, it is weekend!" If they want to party all night they should buy a house in a middle of nowhere, not in a condo....

Forget Talking to Idiots Like That!

Probably the same noisy neighbour on the 6th floor that gets angry when I approachen them around 3:00 AM saying "com'on, it is weekend!" If they want to party all night they should buy a house in a middle of nowhere, not in a condo....

Please call the cops next time it's 3am and there's a party going on upstairs. I don't think anything you could ever say would convince those idiots to shut up, and the police will probably find something illegal in their condo.... ;)

Mis-guided Actions (think first before you act!)

:cool:Grapevine ...
On behalf of your fellow residents/owners, thank you warmly to the concientious and mis-guided person who complained to the City Building Dept about having difficulty with exiting from the roof patio (apparently they did not like going down the stairs of the roof top exit, and want to be able to come back through the library).

We (all of us) will now have to pay extra costs for making modifications to the required doors etc to accomodate this additional convenience. Instead of being able to deal with this minor issue on our own timetable, we will now have to immediately spend money we don't have. Along with some other more important new costs, get ready for a Special Assessment $$$ we will very soon have to pay.

Next time think first; there is no free lunch, there is no buried treasure, there is only you and me and our money

:cool:Grapevine ...
On behalf of your fellow residents/owners, thank you warmly to the concientious and mis-guided person who complained to the City Building Dept about having difficulty with exiting from the roof patio (apparently they did not like going down the stairs of the roof top exit, and want to be able to come back through the library).

We (all of us) will now have to pay extra costs for making modifications to the required doors etc to accomodate this additional convenience. Instead of being able to deal with this minor issue on our own timetable, we will now have to immediately spend money we don't have. Along with some other more important new costs, get ready for a Special Assessment $$$ we will very soon have to pay.

Next time think first; there is no free lunch, there is no buried treasure, there is only you and me and our money

Zorro, I didn't complain, but surely the complaint of one person is disregarded unless they are complaining about a safety issue that the condo is legally required to fix?

Welcome to the world of brand new condo ownership - bleeding money everywhere, and we all know where the money's coming from... Well, maybe everyone except the 'door complaint guy' knows :)

Results of Legal Proceeding Brought by Angry

update on previous legal proceedings ......

norstar 3 angry birds 0

Well it's now over.. I have a friend who's a clerk at the Toronto Small Claims who's familiar with the file.

I know who Angry is but I'll respect her privacy... she lost outright and has to pay Norstar's Court costs.I though my friend toll me $4000.00!!!

Apparently Angry did not have any witnesses !!!. Didn;t she stated in earlier posts about other residents bring on her side??

My friend tell me no witness statements were entered as evidence.

Apparently Angry was unable to clearly describe her evidence .. so much for years of legal experience!!

It was supposed to be a 2 day trial but it finished in half a day.

I wonder if unit holders are going to on the hook for the legal fees.

Well it's now over.. I have a friend who's a clerk at the Toronto Small Claims who's familiar with the file.

I know who Angry is but I'll respect her privacy... she lost outright and has to pay Norstar's Court costs.I though my friend toll me $4000.00!!!

Apparently Angry did not have any witnesses !!!. Didn;t she stated in earlier posts about other residents bring on her side??

My friend tell me no witness statements were entered as evidence.

Apparently Angry was unable to clearly describe her evidence .. so much for years of legal experience!!

It was supposed to be a 2 day trial but it finished in half a day.

I wonder if unit holders are going to on the hook for the legal fees.

This is interesting. I thought she claimed that she has dealt with very complex cases at the law firm. Anyway, I hope that we are not on the hook for her cost. I heard that she has just listed her unit for sale on mls. I wonder if there is any connection to the case.

Hi everyone - we just bought a unit in the building and want to get a sense of the building. Noticed reserve fund is a bit low and new property management in place. Any flags you fine folks can share with us? Really like the building and reading the above comments is normal for a few hundred people sharing a condo. We just saw a lot of units go up for sale in the building and want to know what we are in for? Hope to get some insiders insight.. Many thanks!

Back