News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Back in its prime - sigh.

What a sad state it's in now.

Already past its prime: 2000. You can tell, because while it still had McDonald's, the Gap, and Le Chateau. But you could see the seeds of decline: a shop called "Knives!" and cheap signage over many of the stores.

It's fully and elaborately furnished too. Very eerie...
from what info I could find. the restaurant was built by the mall's previous owners. the previous owners wanted to build condos, a restaurant and concert area but that obviously didn't happen., when the mall was sold all of those plans were stopped. only the restaurant was finished when the mall was sold in 2017. from what I know the new owners did not want to run the restaurant themselves so now it sits their empty.

from what info I could find. the restaurant was built by the mall's previous owners. the previous owners wanted to build condos, a restaurant and concert area but that obviously didn't happen., when the mall was sold all of those plans were stopped. only the restaurant was finished when the mall was sold in 2017. from what I know the new owners did not want to run the restaurant themselves so now it sits their empty.
The Mall Needs To Get It Together, maggino's could have saved the mall but dumb owners = Lackluster Mall. I Heard The A Food Store Is Coming Where Zellers Use To Be Upstairs, Also Hudson's Bay Needs a reno.

Does Anyone Know Any New Upcoming Stores Coming To Woodbine Anytime Soon, Has Anyone Visit The Mall This Month & Did You See Any Changes?

The Mall Needs To Get It Together, maggino's could have saved the mall but dumb owners = Lackluster Mall. I Heard The A Food Store Is Coming Where Zellers Use To Be Upstairs, Also Hudson's Bay Needs a reno.

That Bay store is on life support - no reno can save it at this point. How has it even managed to stay in business all these years? I suspect it's subsidized by corporate to save face...

I visit Woodbine about every other weekend. Call me old fashioned, but I still enjoy watching new movies on the big screen.

The two makeshift Halloween shops are gone and have reverted back to empty spaces (the Arcade and one near Bulk Barn). I don't know if the space is vacant again, but
Amazon rented out a space for job recruitment for their Bolton facility.

That Bay store is on life support - no reno can save it at this point. How has it even managed to stay in business all these years? I suspect it's subsidized by corporate to save face...
You Are right About The Bay, Compare The Woodbine mall, Bay & Bramalea City Centre bay, even tho the bramalea city centre bay came out in 1973 and looks much better, while Trash-bine Mall bay came out in 1985.

I will always remember Woodbine as the place from my childhood, going every week as a kid. I clearly remember the vintage arcade in the Fantasy Fair (the original late 80s arcade games were still there until a couple years ago), the McDonalds, Zellers, Silver Dollar Store, Party Hut, Japan Camera, Laura Secord Chocolates, Pretzel Wagon, the food court with its neon lights and the huge tree, the Kelseys and the Chinese Restaurant in the lower level. Being of Macedonian heritage, I remember the food court was the meeting place for Macedonian retirees who met every Friday night throughout the 90s and early 2000s. They would occupy 12 - 15 tables in 2 rows (one row of tables for the men, the other for the women). They would sit near the cafe called "Dutch Treats" which was located at the front left corner of the food court. Dutch Treats was owned by an elderly Macedonian man who passed away in 2016 at the age of 102 (poor guy outlived his wife and 3 children). The other cafe on the opposite end was Timothy's Coffee.

184694_18396820288_5511_n.jpg190534_18396830288_6105_n.jpg189434_18396840288_6716_n.jpg190342_18396850288_7015_n.jpg184778_18396860288_7419_n.jpg

I will always remember Woodbine as the place from my childhood, going every week as a kid. I clearly remember the vintage arcade in the Fantasy Fair (the original late 80s arcade games were still there until a couple years ago), the McDonalds, Zellers, Silver Dollar Store, Party Hut, Japan Camera, Laura Secord Chocolates, Pretzel Wagon, the food court with its neon lights and the huge tree, the Kelseys and the Chinese Restaurant in the lower level. Being of Macedonian heritage, I remember the food court was the meeting place for Macedonian retirees who met every Friday night throughout the 90s and early 2000s. They would occupy 12 - 15 tables in 2 rows (one row of tables for the men, the other for the women). They would sit near the cafe called "Dutch Treats" which was located at the front left corner of the food court. Dutch Treats was owned by an elderly Macedonian man who passed away in 2016 at the age of 102 (poor guy outlived his wife and 3 children). The other cafe on the opposite end was Timothy's Coffee.

View attachment 217830View attachment 217831View attachment 217832View attachment 217833View attachment 217834
Woodbine Mall Will Never Be The Same Again. The Mall Needs A Shoppers Drug Mart Again

Do you guys think the development occurring at woodbine racetrack and other surrounding areas near the mall will help the mall?

If the racetrack's development brings in customers from other parts of the GTA, I could see minor interest in visiting the Woodbine Centre.
Possibly even interest to re-install other name-brand stores and anchors back into the mall (with wishful thinking).

Back