News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'd be shocked if the theatre lasts. I drove by Woodbine yesterday, middle of a Saturday afternoon, which can be considered "peak" mall time, and it looked absolutely dead. There couldn't have been more than 40 cars in the parking lot, and considering that a good portion of those are likely staff, that paints a damning picture. The Bay had maybe a dozen cars outside - how is that store still going????
its THE BAY...even in DEAD MALLS, they still get traffic!

The Movie Theater...has a DAMM good lineup this week!!

380802473_855717029890005_5044179904293052774_n.jpg

I'd be shocked if the theatre lasts. I drove by Woodbine yesterday, middle of a Saturday afternoon, which can be considered "peak" mall time, and it looked absolutely dead. There couldn't have been more than 40 cars in the parking lot, and considering that a good portion of those are likely staff, that paints a damning picture.
If they had more locations, my best speculation would be that Woodbine centre is the training ground for other theatre locations & therefore doesn't have to make top dollar...this is not a fact. Just an observation.

If they had more locations, my best speculation would be that Woodbine centre is the training ground for other theatre locations & therefore doesn't have to make top dollar...this is not a fact. Just an observation.
that sounds true, but they renovated it & made so many changes. they must have invested a lot of money into it.

Its such a poorly done renovation like the rest of the mall. I went to see Gran Turismo there a few weeks ago, while getting popcorn there were some workers on scaffolding removing masking tape from the ceiling lights as it seems they just sprayed the ceiling black and still managed to get overspray on the lights. The screens seem the same as before, seats are upgraded and it seems they put in some new speakers. Bathrooms are pretty much the same as before with some paint.

Its such a poorly done renovation like the rest of the mall. I went to see Gran Turismo there a few weeks ago, while getting popcorn there were some workers on scaffolding removing masking tape from the ceiling lights as it seems they just sprayed the ceiling black and still managed to get overspray on the lights. The screens seem the same as before, seats are upgraded and it seems they put in some new speakers. Bathrooms are pretty much the same as before with some paint.
So, long story short, a quick fix to look nice for now, but not necessarily a long term plan. I guess they're just waiting to see what the future of the mall really is...

So, long story short, a quick fix to look nice for now, but not necessarily a long term plan. I guess they're just waiting to see what the future of the mall really is...
the mall better get their ACT together...Westwood Mall would be the only mall thats close to woodbine, if woodbine closes soon

^The slumlord owner of this mall will be on the way out shortly here, so there will be change here one way or another.

The crusty, old ceiling looks like it's ready to pop up, too.
What liquidation did this pop up replace? I put my Blockbuster gift card on the old Sears.

The above photos confirm that the reemergence of Zellers is just a marketing gimmick. Hudson Bay just re-arranged some existing merchandise within its store, hung up a Zellers sign, and voila! "Zellers is back!"

Back