News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Eug

Member Bio
Reaction score
A green solution to a neighbour's spat

At issue is Mr. Jain's eight-unit townhouse development, near Main and Gerrard Streets. While seven of the units quietly snake behind the backyard fence of Mr. Clark's handsome century home, the sole detached unit comes within inches of Mr. Clark's quahog shell-covered driveway, and its tall, blank wall substitutes a good deal of his blue-sky view with unwanted shadows.

Mr. Clark did have a small bargaining chip. In order to finish masonry and roofing work, Mr. Jain would need to rent Mr. Clark's driveway to erect scaffolding. But, instead of a simple cash payout, Mr. Donnelly suggested that Atria install a solar-thermal unit on Mr. Clark's roof so he could "capture what's left of his sunlight and turn it into green energy," says the lawyer. That way, "every time Rodney takes a shower or does his dishes he can think, 'You know, there's something positive that has come out of this experience about being impacted by infill development.' "

Dave_Leblanc__Ju_115341gm-a.jpg

I can tell you, this green solution would still have me seeing red. The amount of light blockage from that new development seems like it would be huge, at least if that picture is any indication. Plus, that wall is completely devoid of any redeeming aesthetic features.

If this was an investment property, I would be less worried but given the articles inclination towards personal utility, it would seem to be for personal use.

That being said, this is an impediment to justice.

The jains are also known as Atria developments, Navhar properties and Gykan .
I'd advise everyone never to deal with them in any type of business transaction.

This is progress, and it will continue like it or not. I think Clark's idea of the solar thermal unit on his roof is brilliant, good for him! It should also be noted in the article:

In addition to the solar panel, Mr. Jain agreed to hire a local landscape architect to soften the tall, blank wall with plantings.

Sounds more than fair to me.

A green solution to a neighbour's spat

At issue is Mr. Jain's eight-unit townhouse development, near Main and Gerrard Streets. While seven of the units quietly snake behind the backyard fence of Mr. Clark's handsome century home, the sole detached unit comes within inches of Mr. Clark's quahog shell-covered driveway, and its tall, blank wall substitutes a good deal of his blue-sky view with unwanted shadows.

Mr. Clark did have a small bargaining chip. In order to finish masonry and roofing work, Mr. Jain would need to rent Mr. Clark's driveway to erect scaffolding. But, instead of a simple cash payout, Mr. Donnelly suggested that Atria install a solar-thermal unit on Mr. Clark's roof so he could "capture what's left of his sunlight and turn it into green energy," says the lawyer. That way, "every time Rodney takes a shower or does his dishes he can think, 'You know, there's something positive that has come out of this experience about being impacted by infill development.' "

Dave_Leblanc__Ju_115341gm-a.jpg

I can tell you, this green solution would still have me seeing red. The amount of light blockage from that new development seems like it would be huge, at least if that picture is any indication. Plus, that wall is completely devoid of any redeeming aesthetic features.

Back