8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

LordWanker

Member Bio
Reaction score
A current example would be the dwelling of the recently deceased Shermans .
Not only do you have a suspicious death, there are questions about the quality of the workmanship too.
If the deceased owners were able to recoupe $2 million in damages from the trade groups ( from the original build budget of $2.3 million) , how will the realtor be able to explain with claiming:
“architectural modern masterpiece of poured concrete and steel construction,” offered at $6.9 million.

Like everything there is always a price for things! Will the fact a murder or a suicide happened reduce the price of a property? Probably, at least initially. Will the fact that a future princess rented a home increase its value. Probably yes, at least initially.

I don't see the Forest Hill property suffering. And you're paying for the address, not the building.

This reminded me of my suburban GTA residing family members’ reaction when I moved to Cabbagetown in the 1990s. They all thought they were going to get shot by some Regent Park gangsta. That never stopped us from buying.

I know of a Toronto house that was the scene of a murder about 10 years ago...the old-time neighbors still talk about it. It was sold by the estate at a pretty typical market price to a renovator, who did a complete gut-job then re-sold to current owners. The current owners were aware of the houses' history, but the fact that the insides were all new got them over the "creepy factor" (that and the fact they are not really superstitious).

In each of the sales, pre and post reno, I don't think the history affected the price in a material way. The history on the address is easily available on google.

This reminded me of my suburban GTA residing family members’ reaction when I moved to Cabbagetown in the 1990s. They all thought they were going to get shot by some Regent Park gangsta. That never stopped us from buying.

Some time ago I had 2 above asking offers on my house by Queen & Sumach. One was rescinded when they realized you could "see Regent Park from the window", which they found really depressing. That building is now a gorgeous condo and the house's value has doubled.

I know of a Toronto house that was the scene of a murder about 10 years ago...the old-time neighbors still talk about it. It was sold by the estate at a pretty typical market price to a renovator, who did a complete gut-job then re-sold to current owners. The current owners were aware of the houses' history, but the fact that the insides were all new got them over the "creepy factor" (that and the fact they are not really superstitious).

In each of the sales, pre and post reno, I don't think the history affected the price in a material way. The history on the address is easily available on google.
IIRC, Paul Bernardo's house was flattened and the lot was never rebuilt on. But this may be myth?

A current example would be the dwelling of the recently deceased Shermans .
Not only do you have a suspicious death, there are questions about the quality of the workmanship too.
If the deceased owners were able to recoupe $2 million in damages from the trade groups ( from the original build budget of $2.3 million) , how will the realtor be able to explain with claiming:
“architectural modern masterpiece of poured concrete and steel construction,” offered at $6.9 million.

I just recently saw the Shining fully for the first time. After watching that and mysterious but over the top deaths like this... I'd say heck no!

Clockwork Orange is next on my list (just also fully saw Dr. Strangelove).

Yes I would. Especially if I can get a reduced rate. People have heart attacks and die in homes all the time.
So long as the mess is cleaned up and the house is disinfected I could care less

Back