News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This morning I finally ended up in the giant pot hole that is growing at the Markham Rd exit of the eastbound 401. I've been avoiding it every day, but today I couldn't due to a semi behind me and beside me.

Anyway, I am going to try to claim today's $500 bill for suspension repairs against the operator of the highway. I don't want this to turn into a big debate about the merits or chances of such a claim, but I'll definitely keep you all posted on developments.

I know how to place the claim and where to send it at both the city and the province. So now my first question is if the pot hole is located off the highway, but on the exit ramp before the traffic intersection at Markham Rd and the 401, is that provincial or city territory?

You could always call MTO or the pothole hotline and report it to find out if it's city land or not.

Its MTO land till you make left or right on to Markham Road.

OMG that pothole has been there since the 90s. I'll pitch in if you sue. Everyone I know who lives throughout north-east Scarborough knows about that damn pothole. My dad has engaged our city councillor, and our MPP numerous times to get that fixed. Occasionally, they turn up and do such a crappy job that the hole re-appears in months.

This morning I finally ended up in the giant pot hole that is growing at the Markham Rd exit of the eastbound 401. I've been avoiding it every day, but today I couldn't due to a semi behind me and beside me.

Anyway, I am going to try to claim today's $500 bill for suspension repairs against the operator of the highway. I don't want this to turn into a big debate about the merits or chances of such a claim, but I'll definitely keep you all posted on developments.

I know how to place the claim and where to send it at both the city and the province. So now my first question is if the pot hole is located off the highway, but on the exit ramp before the traffic intersection at Markham Rd and the 401, is that provincial or city territory?

Good luck!, I actually thought that they were legally suppose to close the highway if the highway deteriorated below a certain standard.... anyways, again - good luck!

I took a photo of the pot hole this morning, here goes...

Yesterday I was unable to stop due to a truck behind me, so in I went, and wrecked my rear sway bars and one front tie rod. What's the legal speed limit of exit ramps?

Attachments

• Markham Rd, Potholes1.jpg
    Markham Rd, Potholes1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
that's a nasty hole.

Last edited:
If it's municipality-owned, IIRC you must also notify them within 15 days of an intention to sue.

I took a photo of the pot hole this morning, here goes...

Yesterday I was unable to stop due to a truck behind me, so in I went, and wrecked my rear sway bars and one front tie rod. What's the legal speed limit of exit ramps?

Actually, exit ramps are a grey area. There's yellow advisory speeds (typically 60 on a parclo exit), but no white legal speed limit signs other than the 100 km/h that there were on the 401.

This is definitely a MTO-owned ramp.

Back