I don't think it's normal. I have no ice or condensation. Don't listen to practical advice from the management company. I grow more and more suspicious of this Simerra company. They are GGH buddies, they manage every new GGH building. If major problems are not fixed within the 2 yrs after the building registered you have to pay for the fixing instead of the builder.
On the 27-th we have to vote for 3 directors that will manage the building on our behalf. If they are connected, paid etc., by GGH / Simerra to downplay, hide, postpone dealing with eventual major structural problems with this building until the two years pass, we will all pay, dearly. Simerra raised the maintenance fees 40% after the second year in another GGH condo at Yng/Eglinton. So pls., come and vote. Simerra / GGH may manipulate the voting rights of 104 appartments - unoccupied at the moment, so every vote counts. There is a group of owners, who did some research and found possible ties between GGH and some of the candidates.
So pls come and vote, it is of grave importance, you will hear scarry truths about the money involved in this project, the bad deals that will cost us, that we will pay for every month ...

Last edited:
I don't think it's normal. I have no ice or condensation. Don't listen to practical advice from the management company. I grow more and more suspicious of this Simerra company. They are GGH buddies, they manage every new GGH building. If major problems are not fixed within the 2 yrs after the building registered you have to pay for the fixing instead of the builder.
On the 27-th we have to vote for 3 directors that will manage the building on our behalf. If they are connected, paid etc., by GGH / Simerra to downplay, hide, postpone dealing with eventual major structural problems with this building until the two years pass, we will all pay, dearly. Simerra raised the maintenance fees 40% after the second year in another GGH condo at Yng/Eglinton. So pls., come and vote. Simerra / GGH may manipulate the voting rights of 104 appartments - unoccupied at the moment, so every vote counts. There is a group of owners, who did some research and found possible ties between GGH and some of the candidates.
So pls come and vote, it is of grave importance, you will hear scarry truths about the money involved in this project, the bad deals that will cost us, that we will pay for every month ...

The problem only exist in extreme cold weather which I think is normal? I'm not sure.....I will ask around during the board voting period to gauge everyone's experience.

In terms of the board candidates, I see one direct conflict of interest with one member wokring for GGH but I don't see how the other would be connected/related. Is this a matter to raise during the meeting?

IMHO you have to ask an independent, qualified person, or pay one, to check the matter with the humidity.
About the candidates, I myself don't know enough, I hope to find out at the meeting ...
All I know that for the guest suites and for the superintendent's appartments the mortgage payments are $3000-4000 a month, so I am guessing somebody from the RBC must have gotten a good deal from those mortgages ...

After reading many of your blogs, I disregard what you (anXeli) are talking about.

1. GGH does not have a building and has never built at Yonge and Eglinton.
2. The other GGH building my sister lives in was not managed by Simerra.
3. Structural Problems have not been an issue in a new condo in the GTA in a ten year period.
4. Your research about GGH having ties or creating a conspiracy is absolute rubish.

You are fabricating stories and it is shining negative light on our amazing condo.

*Make yourself known at the meeting so we can see what kind of fool you are.

To respond back to you.

In my experience, the response time has been phenominal, they respond first thing in the morning and often do a physical check of the defiency the same day. Depending on the deficiency, it has taken 1 day to a few months so far (and waiting) to actually fix some of the issues.

Wow you are lucky. They have been painfully slow and nothing has been done, it's been more than two months since my PDI.

Our move-in/closing date is March 21st and we were never contacted by Great Gulf or property management about any election for directors. Shouldn't they be including the 1/4 of the building residents that have not yet closed?

Our move-in/closing date is March 21st and we were never contacted by Great Gulf or property management about any election for directors. Shouldn't they be including the 1/4 of the building residents that have not yet closed?

Great Gulf owns those units at this time and will (probably) be exercising the votes.

None of the PDI promises were kept. Not one defiiciency during PDI was fixed and our unit was not cleaned 'professionally' and we have more scarches, chips and marks than at the time of PDI. If you are still to do your PDI, be wary of what you are told, most of which will be untrue. I have complained and they responded very quickly but will want to see how quickly they fix something.

None of the PDI promises were kept. Not one defiiciency during PDI was fixed and our unit was not cleaned 'professionally' and we have more scarches, chips and marks than at the time of PDI. If you are still to do your PDI, be wary of what you are told, most of which will be untrue. I have complained and they responded very quickly but will want to see how quickly they fix something.

My experience was exactly the same as yours, between my PDI and move-in (2 months) next to nothing was done. My unit was not cleaned by the time of my PDI nor was it when I moved in >2 months later. Overall the quality of state of the unit is not what I expected and the response time to correct deficiencies is slow. I hope they fix things soon.

We have moved in to your unit since August 2010. We are not really happy with the quality delivered by the builder.
The fridge is bumpy in the back. The stove has a crack on the edge which won't be seen easily. The wood floor has scratches under the stove. The foot board under the windows has stains (like mould).
Sometimes we found ice on the grid of the window....
I would like to post the pictures and show them to everyone who lives in this building.
We went to management team and we did not get solutions for them. The builder would not replace the stove and fridge because we didnot tell them within 30 days since we moved in.
Could someone give us advice on this matter?

Yes, our unit has a lot of condesation and even ice in the windows. We went to the management team and they told us it was cuased by the humidity.
Our hardwood under the windows has cracked and the foot borad has stains...
I am going to post the pictures here so everyone can see how severe it was.

We have moved in to your unit since August 2010. We are not really happy with the quality delivered by the builder.
The fridge is bumpy in the back. The stove has a crack on the edge which won't be seen easily. The wood floor has scratches under the stove. The foot board under the windows has stains (like mould).
Sometimes we found ice on the grid of the window....
I would like to post the pictures and show them to everyone who lives in this building.
We went to management team and we did not get solutions for them. The builder would not replace the stove and fridge because we didnot tell them within 30 days since we moved in.
Could someone give us advice on this matter?

I don't think you have any claim now on the stove and fridge, the windows icing up like that and pooling on the floor isn't normal. You need to chase them on that, the windows should have a one or two year warranty. Check with Tarion.

Yes, our unit has a lot of condesation and even ice in the windows. We went to the management team and they told us it was cuased by the humidity.
Our hardwood under the windows has cracked and the foot borad has stains...
I am going to post the pictures here so everyone can see how severe it was.

We don't have any condensation in our unit but quality of worksmanship is poor all around. Cheap quality all around. My previous15 years old D/W has better features than the one supplied here and we took the steel upgrade. There are scrathes and dents in the hardwood floor every where which I am not sure will ever be fixed. The millwork for home theatre is total waste of money - poorly designed. There is no place to hide the power/cable wires or pull them through from one shelf to the other. The designer perhaps never owned a TV, DVD, and cable box together- such a lack of common sense!

... The millwork for home theatre is total waste of money - poorly designed. There is no place to hide the power/cable wires or pull them through from one shelf to the other. The designer perhaps never owned a TV, DVD, and cable box together- such a lack of common sense!

that would be courtesy of Cecconi Simone ... the interior designers for X

Back