that would be courtesy of Cecconi Simone ... the interior designers for X

Will it be Cecconi Simone or someone (they have interior designers on their payroll) in Great Gulf collaborating with LivingArts guys who has supplied all the cabinetry and millwork. The paint job is so poor or is so cheap, that it's starting to flake and break.

Hi everyone,

To those of you who have the MacIntosh, do you know the measurement of the wall where the TV would have to go (in the cook/dine/live area on the same wall that borders the bedroom)? Just wondering if my TV will fit.

Thank you.

It seems to me that poor quality is in every building. I bought in a near by condo and the workmanship is poor at best.
They use cheap products most of the time, I have been in my unit around 6 months and have had to have things repaired, due to poor craftmanship.
It's too bad they don't take pride in their work.

I lived in a Tridel building for few months and wasn’t impressed either. Every morning when my neighbour had his shower, I woke up from a really loud noise that was due to the running water in the pipes. I could tell when he had a bath or just a quick shower.

Also when I asked one of the workers of College Park which colour I should use to match with the existing colour of my white walls. He said, that the paint used by the builder was the cheapest one that they don’t sell it in store. So any white colour of any brand will be better.

Kitchen Island

Hi UT!

going to change the topick quickly, does anyone know if the kitchen island can move? i noticed there is an outlet so I didn't want to try to force it.

anyone with any success wiggling it a bit? have to try to cheat as much room as possible! Thanks!

Hi UT!

going to change the topick quickly, does anyone know if the kitchen island can move? i noticed there is an outlet so I didn't want to try to force it.

anyone with any success wiggling it a bit? have to try to cheat as much room as possible! Thanks!

if there's an outlet, that means there must be an electrical souce - typically those wires would be either in the concrete floor or walls - so chances are it shouldn't be moved (or at least no more than few inches because you don't know how much slack in wiring is available.

The island can be moved, you can actually peel off the footboard under the island to see how much give you have from the electrical box which is under the island. In my case, I moved it over almost two feet and 3-4 inches closer towards the kitchen without any problems or without pulling on the wire since it has a lot of slack. It it is best to have a few people help you to avoid scratching the floors.

Moving in soon and want to get started on some reno work including moving walls. Has anyone looked into this? I know we have to get Great Gulf's approval but if you use someone who is certified and they are cleared you can start soon after, right? Help...

Has anyone been contacted by GGH decor center and told that the hardwood floor you selected is not available anymore?
A bit upsetting that I am gonna be forced to take something I did not want on the first place ;(

Brown Chocolate anyone?

A quick question...
Does anyone have an opinion about the standard brown chocolate hardwood floor GGH provided?
Is it really brown or is it rather grayish?
What about quality?

Got a call from the décor centre telling me that the upgraded hardwood floor I chose is not available. I came to choose a new one, but the interesting thing is that they offered me a different brand (TORLY’S) from what I originally selected from (TEXTURA). When I compared the two, it looks like TORLY’S is much cheaper than what I originally paid for (it does not look elegant at all), but I already gave my notice to my landlord and had to accept their awful replacement. So unfair!!!

Got a call from the décor centre telling me that the upgraded hardwood floor I chose is not available. I came to choose a new one, but the interesting thing is that they offered me a different brand (TORLY’S) from what I originally selected from (TEXTURA). When I compared the two, it looks like TORLY’S is much cheaper than what I originally paid for (it does not look elegant at all), but I already gave my notice to my landlord and had to accept their awful replacement. So unfair!!!

Not sure if I would call it only unfair, besides the lack of organization and responsibility.
I don't understand why if we "purchased" the flooring so long ago, I'm sure you too had to pay for it, now they decided that it is not available.
At least they should compensate for what truly is their fault.

Water Problems - Is anyone else facing water issues in their suites such as very low water pressure and no heated water at various times during the day. There is no hot water available early in the morning and middle of the day. The property manager told me that they are having issues with city of Toronto on the same thing but couldn't explain. I dont know what's going on. Anyone knows?

Water Problems - Is anyone else facing water issues in their suites such as very low water pressure and no heated water at various times during the day. There is no hot water available early in the morning and middle of the day. The property manager told me that they are having issues with city of Toronto on the same thing but couldn't explain. I dont know what's going on. Anyone knows?

Having the same problem. Just glad I'm not the only one.

Parking Issue: It seems that we have been allocated a parking space in error. We will like to exchange it with the right one. The property is now registered in our name. Does anyone has any idea how to get this corrected without incurring too much expense. Builder lawyer ofcourse is not helpful, suggesting we have to sell the current space and then buy the new one from builder incurring legal, Land Transfer and HST for both. Is that right?

Back