Anyone knows what floor are they calling for design centre appointments. Seems like quite a few have already done the colour/upgrade selections. I am on 33rd floor and bought in Nov.'08 at the peak of the prices - that's bad news but building is shaping out to be great.

My unit is on the 30th floor and my design apt. is tomorrow. I think you can expect a call from the design consultant very soon

Thanks Professor for such a quick reply. Any sense of what upgrades costs. i will like to get dining table extension to the island, shower stall instead of bath tub, and perhaps wood floor in the bedroom. I wonder if the fireplace is worth the cost.

Kennyx posted the pricelist for upgrades in another X-Condo thread. You can find it here http://urbantoronto.ca/showpost.php?p=273048&postcount=76

I'm not sure how accurate the prices are for the higher floors, but it should give you an idea.

Thank you all - very helpful. Where's gg design centre? Is it Steeles/Dufferin - the one for their homes. That's pretty dingy one!

Just came back from the design centre. Took about an hour and I didn't felt rushed, probably because I already knew what I wanted. Spent about $11k in upgrades. Got the hardwood in the bedrooms, glass backsplash, upgraded wall tiles in both baths, upgraded a tub to a shower stall, stainless steel, slide in range, intergrated hood, home theatre and smooth ceilings. Wanted to upgrade the second sink and the glass sliding doors, but that was going way over my budget.

Congratulations, Tissot. It seems like you picked all the right upgrades. Did you see the so called 'fire place' there - did you find it worth the price of $5K?

Congratulations, Tissot. It seems like you picked all the right upgrades. Did you see the so called 'fire place' there - did you find it worth the price of $5K?

Thanks, I had a great time there. They have the fire place there and in my opinion I think it will only look good in a Breuer unit. I was set on getting the fireplace a few weeks ago, but I noticed only the Breuer unit has an indentation for the fire place, so it gives an illusion that it's built in. In the other units there is no indentation, so it will look like a big box is sticking out.

Hi Tissot, good job with the upgrades! We've got the Eamon too:), on the opening day though, oh, so much waiting :( ... Did you pay 11 K + 10 K in free upgrades, or all those upgrades for 11 K? How much approx. is the smooth sailing? I can't believe this is an upgrade :rolleyes: ...
Nobody called or emailed us yet for appt., 19th floor. I feel so unprepared ... What are those levels 0...1...2...3, is this the price of the upgrade for the different floors - 4-17, 18-29 ... ???
Thanks to all for sharing and good advice, very helpful :) ....

Hi Tissot, good job with the upgrades! We've got the Eamon too:), on the opening day though, oh, so much waiting :( ... Did you pay 11 K + 10 K in free upgrades, or all those upgrades for 11 K? How much approx. is the smooth sailing? I can't believe this is an upgrade :rolleyes: ...
Nobody called or emailed us yet for appt., 19th floor. I feel so unprepared ... What are those levels 0...1...2...3, is this the price of the upgrade for the different floors - 4-17, 18-29 ... ???
Thanks to all for sharing and good advice, very helpful :) ....

I didn't get the 10k in free upgrades :( . So I got all the upgrades I listed for $11k. I got the smooth ceilings for $1345. Levels 0,1,2,3 are the upgrade levels. Level 0 is standard, level 1 is the 1st upgrade, level 2 is the 2nd upgrade and so on. I would give the design centre a call if they don't call you by the end of the week. Do you feel unprepared because of the finishes or upgrades?

Elevators and Upgrades

I have a question regarding the elevators..:rolleyes:
Does anyone know whether there will be a set of two elevators for each half of the building, or will the four elevators serve the whole 44 floors?

I should be called soon to select upgrades but have no idea of selection and prices. Will they send me a list of the different upgrades and prices beforehand or I will know of them only in the short one hour appointment?
Does anyone have a list of possible upgrades so I can start making up my mind?:confused:

Thanks

I have a question regarding the elevators..:rolleyes:
Does anyone know whether there will be a set of two elevators for each half of the building, or will the four elevators serve the whole 44 floors?

I should be called soon to select upgrades but have no idea of selection and prices. Will they send me a list of the different upgrades and prices beforehand or I will know of them only in the short one hour appointment?
Does anyone have a list of possible upgrades so I can start making up my mind?:confused:

Thanks

There will be four elevators that go up to the 24th floor, only two of them will go to the top.

Supposedly the design centre sends the pricelist before your appointment. But the pricelist never got sent to me. It might had something to do with my appointment being last minute. Just to give you guys a small warning, the pricelist that's posted here is not 100% correct. There is some upgrades I got that were more expensive.

thanks Tissot,
I feel better now, I went over the upgrades and I have some ideas already. Of course I have to like them in person too :D. Thanks again!
In case I don't like the integrated hood (low cfm etc.), is there a wall hood or only the empty space? I do a lot of grilling, I think i need a serious range hood. Do we have a chimney :), where is the sucked up air going?

Last edited:
Elevators and Parkings

Thanks Peregrine!!,
That's what I have thought; it is exactly how it works in the College Park condos, with the difference that there are three elevators for each section. Let's hope they will be really "high speed".

Now, regarding parkings. One of the sales person told me that they are assigned randomly, using a "lotto system" but I've heard that these are rather allocated according to the height of your unit or the price you paid for your unit. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THEY PLAN TO ALLOCATE THE PARKINGS?

I bring this up because if the elevators will be separated into higher and lower floors, probably the parkings will be a well; allowing only two elevators to access each parking level. There would be no point on having 4 elevators going to your parking floor if only two of them can actualy stop at your floor, right?
If things will work this way, then probably the lower floors will get the lower parking levels..? not that I mind, I personally prefer a lower parking floor than having to deal with visitors using my personal parking..:cool:

Just to give you guys a small warning, the pricelist that's posted here is not 100% correct. There is some upgrades I got that were more expensive.

The pricelist for some of the upgrades would be dependent on your unit's SF such as hardwood flooring, tiling, smooth ceilings, etc; but an appliance upgrade should be the same regardless of unit size if the same appliances are being used.

Back