I think Tarion warranty pays for the inspector, and you pay for Tarrion on your move-in day, six hundered and something dollars :) ...

I think Tarion warranty pays for the inspector, and you pay for Tarrion on your move-in day, six hundered and something dollars :) ...

unless one is paying for a home inspector directly, those people ^^^ aren't "inspectors", they are customer service reps for the developer.

I think I would rather bring in my own home inspector with me at the time of my PDI. Even if it means having to pay $600 or so. This way all deficiencies will get noted.

If you don't mind sharing the info, how much did you pay the inspector and do you think it was worth it? Would you have noticed the floor problem on your own?

The actual inspector works for the builder. My best guess is the inspection costs will be included in the closing costs. I would likely have not noticed the floor issue on my own. He even mentioned it to me before we went up, he was pretty honest with me on just about everything. It is also good to have them show you how everything works around there and ask questions etc. They give you the assurance that any on going issues after you move in can still be addressed as with any new home there is always likely to be issues.

The actual inspector works for the builder. My best guess is the inspection costs will be included in the closing costs. I would likely have not noticed the floor issue on my own. He even mentioned it to me before we went up, he was pretty honest with me on just about everything. It is also good to have them show you how everything works around there and ask questions etc. They give you the assurance that any on going issues after you move in can still be addressed as with any new home there is always likely to be issues.

it sounds like GG have good/great customer service and the PDI inspections are quite thorough.

i had a completely different story with Aspen Ridge ...
horrible PDI where they did not note all the damage/deficiencies on the walls, floors, cabinetry, etc ...
kept saying it was a 'customer service issue' that would be attended to prior to moving in, which was 1 week after ... NEVER happened.

after playing telephone and email tag with them for 4 weeks and getting no where, i placed all the damage/deficiencies on my Tarion 30-day report ... over 100 issues !

Oh I was confused, I thought you had brought your own home inspector. I have been toying with the idea of bringing my own home inspector to my PDI, my previous PDI experience (with another builder) was not a pleasant one. However I suppose I learned from that experience and wouldn't make the same mistakes this time around.

Thank you to those who've posted pictures, they look great! Does anybody know how high the kitchen island is?

For those of you who have not moved in yet, just a word of warning. The builder will want 2 months up front of occupancy payment along with lawyer fees. So for those of you moving in this month, they expect you to pay for this month and next month of December. I can only imagine what the closing costs are going to be, my guess is not good! off to a great start here...

We are moving into our unit in March but I am not suprised that they want the occupancy payments for two months together. The occupancy payments have to be paid anyways, which is normal practice. As for the closing costs, I know in our agreement we capped the closing costs to a set amount. I think this was pretty standard in the GG agreement.

Back