Agreed... I prefer the microwave hidden.

One thing though... anyone notice that during the daytime there's a slew of cars from the construction workers from Couture being parked on our lot?

They do get ticketed. Most of these trucks are workers at X condo. Couture workers do not park on X property, but I believe they park underground at Bloor Walk. If there is an issue with this, talk to the concierge/property management and these vehicles will get ticketed/towed. There have even been instances where cars have been towed from the underground garage, so the X staff is not lax regarding this.

To be fair re the microwave, this is something that designers have been doing lately. It's stupid, but I've seen it suggested by a number of them.

It does allow for a more powerful exhaust hood to be installed over the stove. Generally, microwave/exhaust hood combo units don't have the same power as standalone units. But yes, hiding a microwave in an island is functionally awkward.

Microwave

To be fair re the microwave, this is something that designers have been doing lately. It's stupid, but I've seen it suggested by a number of them.

I have had microwaves both on the counter and above the stove. The above the stove models tend to acquire permanent moisture in the door glass from boiling liquids on the stove top. The "on the counter" units just do not make sense in small spaces or given that most people only use the microwave to reheat these days.

As for the comment in respect to the half tile in the shower, I have two bathrooms and both have full tile to the ceiling - we paid for this! The master bathroom has a double sized shower with full tile surround floor to ceiling and the second bathroom has tile from the tub to the ceiling. Full height tile was available as part of the upgraded tile packages.

just came across an old pre-construction ad for X Condo. Prices starting at around 185k.

Does anyone have issues with their floors? The in 2 separate areas in my unit, the floor has started to separate from the baseboards which has left a very noticeable gap.

I suppose it's possible that I missed this in the PDI, but I doubt it. Im pretty sure these just popped up over the last few weeks.

abnea.jpg

q8zq7.jpg
Did anyone ever get the floor gap fixed?

I am looking to buy a resell unit at X condo. Yesterday, in two units I saw gaps on the floor in various areas around the condo. Some are neglect-able (meaning I can probably fill it myself) but I notice a really horrible 1 to 2 inch gap by the door, which is quite painful to look at.

I am looking to buy a resell unit at X condo. Yesterday, in two units I saw gaps on the floor in various areas around the condo. Some are neglect-able (meaning I can probably fill it myself) but I notice a really horrible 1 to 2 inch gap by the door, which is quite painful to look at.

Most of the units at the X have issues with the hardwood floor. I think that the hardwood floor chosen by the decor centre was not a smart decision. Changing the floor is not expensive. I will still go with the X :)

I also saw in Tridel's condos gaps in the hardwood floor in more than one unit. Remember that the floor shrinks in winter and expands in the summer.

Saw a gorgeous unit on 33rd floor at X condo out of curosity, beautiful West view and with a lots of upgrades and beautifully furnished. Check it out if you are still interested in buying, its listed on MLS.

Saw a gorgeous unit on 33rd floor at X condo out of curosity, beautiful West view and with a lots of upgrades and beautifully furnished. Check it out if you are still interested in buying, its listed on MLS.

I'll agree that it look's beautiful, but even with parking, that's one hell of a price for such a small unit (585 sqft)

I'll agree that it look's beautiful, but even with parking, that's one hell of a price for such a small unit (585 sqft)

I am not sure what should be the correct price point and I am sure one can negotiate a bit. The price on unit is not far from what my friend paid when he bought his unit a few floors below about 2 years back. If I could do with 1 b/r unit, I will buy it.

scalding water when taking a shower

When taking a shower, there are surges of scalding hot water, no doubt from toilets being flushed. I'm told the problem can be fixed by replacing a cartridge in the shower head but that I would have to pay about $120 for a plumber to install it. I view it as a deficiency which I should not have to pay for. Has anyone else experienced this problem? My next step is to contact the city's Health and Safety branch.

When taking a shower, there are surges of scalding hot water, no doubt from toilets being flushed. I'm told the problem can be fixed by replacing a cartridge in the shower head but that I would have to pay about $120 for a plumber to install it. I view it as a deficiency which I should not have to pay for. Has anyone else experienced this problem? My next step is to contact the city's Health and Safety branch.

I did notice this myself when showering. It only happens if my girlfriend flushes the toilet while I'm in the shower. To me it's not that big of a deal though. I think what's a bigger issue is the fact that the AC does not want to work on the hottest days. It simply blows out air and nothing more. I am sure it's an issue with the chiller, but have not heard anyone complain about the issue. I guess in the end I don't care too much as I'm moving out in less than a week. It's been 2 years too long here at X and I have to say, I'm glad to be moving out.

It's been 2 years too long here at X and I have to say, I'm glad to be moving out.

why is that ... sounds like you had a horrible experience living there.
is it the building, prop management, etc ??? please enlighten us.

why is that ... sounds like you had a horrible experience living there.
is it the building, prop management, etc ??? please enlighten us.

I'm just glad to be moving on. I can't really say anything bad about X condo. The new property management company, Equity ICI, is much better than the initial property management company. The building itself is great, the location is great - the people are also nice (you do have a few snobby people, but that's to be expected). I was one of the first to move in and it's simply just time to move on to something else (something a little less expensive) :). My unit has gone from $1700 a month (without parking) to $2000 a month (with parking). If someone is looking into X, they will enjoy it - it really is a wonderful building.

Back