Are there two 'b's in bubble or just one?

3 b's

Roy G Biv said:
Please tell me that this real. That there is capital involved. That the risks are reasonable. That there is substance.

Runningbear said:
This is crazy!
Hard to beleave that all this people are ready to invest in such a ruch 2 blocks away from Yonge and bloor. And the best units in the building are probably not being released yet!

Imagine what will happen with 1 bloor!

is this isn't bubble mentality, what is ???

Last edited:
What a mess this is, I saw the "breaking news story" on cp24 this morning

Too many agents, not as many pieces of the pie. When new condos were being released on a weekly basis, every Tom, Dick and Harry were getting their real estate license to get a slice of the action. Now with very limited projects being released, what else are they gonna do?

It's not that there are too many agents...each one in line is representing at least one buyer....it's that there is not enough new product being launched...I am sure the builders are watching this with great interest....:cool:

^ The number of agents has little to do with it. Great Gulf have managed to alienate some agents, the people on whom they are depending for sales. Not a smart move. They should have learned something from Bazis.

^ The number of agents has little to do with it. Great Gulf have managed to alienate some agents, the people on whom they are depending for sales. Not a smart move. They should have learned something from Bazis.

maybe they will offer them first dibs for 1BE, or whatever it's called now, as a peace offering.

this was all over the news this morning (CityTV) - there was a 3 day line-up, a 10 day lineup, and a lineup that started last night. The ones that got honoured were the lineup that started last night. They just handed out the numbers. The 10 day lineup is across the street is protesting with "UNFAIR" signs and won't leave.

The company's actions, as described in the news story, make no sense. For at least 3 days, they should have known that 2 lines had developed, but made no attempt to inform people of the correct place to line up (which was apparently in a different place altogether)? :confused: Maybe they are trying to stir up publicity and consequently prices, but they seem to be risking their reputation (and lawsuits?).

It's really Baker Real Estate not coordinating anything. The developers hire this brokerage to take care of their sales portion so it's up to them on making it run smoothly but they don't. It was also them doing OneSherway last weekend, although it wasn't as crazy, it was still totally unorganized. These developers need to hire a better brokerage who is willing to make things civilized, what's so hard about taking numbers.

Makes no sense to me either. I guess they didn't really care, they knew they were going to make their money anyways. So it didn't matter which line was first.

It's really Baker Real Estate not coordinating anything. The developers hire this brokerage to take care of their sales portion so it's up to them on making it run smoothly but they don't. It was also them doing OneSherway last weekend, although it wasn't as crazy, it was still totally unorganized. These developers need to hire a better brokerage who is willing to make things civilized, what's so hard about taking numbers.

and these are the same type of people one trusts with the largest purchase of their lives ... good luck !

2 lines of buyers create anger at condo sale

Two separate lines of potential buyers of a new condo development in downtown Toronto created a lot of confusion and anger among those waiting to purchase a unit.

At least three dozen people were hoping to buy units in the new X2 Condos at Jarvis and Charles streets.

By Wednesday morning there were two lineups, each claiming the right to have first crack at the units.

Some people in one line said they had waited since Nov. 15 and were upset with others who showed up Tuesday night.

The first line started 10 days ago outside the Intercontinental Hotel, the CBC's Andrew Nichols reported. Police told clients' real estate agents waiting in that line to cross the street and wait on the south side of Bloor.

On Tuesday evening, police told those in that line to move back to the north side of the street, which caught many off-guard.

"We feel it's kind of like cheating," one woman said.

"I really believe that people that have been dedicating 10 days of time and energy to work on behalf of their clients should be rewarded quicker than people that were here 10 hours," a man said.

The developer told CBC News it had nothing to do with managing the lines and it was up to the real estate firm handling the sales. That company didn't return calls.

Back