News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I have always called it Dundas Square...and always will. The only thing I do agree on is changing the Toronto Life Square name. Don't even name is. Is the big billboard tower in Times Square have a name. I don't think so. It's called 1 Times Square. We need to bring Dundas Square closer to Times Square.

ALREADY DONE:
- TV Station (CityTv)
- Billboards
- Jumbotrons

NEEDS:
- Broadway Shows

That would be good, more live theatre. Unfortunately all the big old theatres/cinemas in this area have been torn down, only the Canon and Elgin-Wintergarden Theatres remain to the south of the Square.

- More outside stores (to the left if your looking at CityTV)
- more EVERYDAY entertainment
- Merge the Toronto Life Square and Yonge-Dundas Square to Dundas Square

GET RIDE OF:
Fountains
The name of "Toronto Life Square" (Very confusing)

Leave the fountains alone, they're terrific.

It's "Yonge-Dundas Square". "Toronto Life Square" was the former, unofficial name of the "mall" across the street on the N/E corner with the AMC Cinemas in it. The name Yonge-Dundas Square is just fine thankyouverymuch :)

I agree. Yonge-Dundas Square is a fine name and appears to be used by more and more people (and with Citytv, Q107 and maybe someday The Fan constantly saying it, it will probably be a staple for some time).

It's merely Dundas Square, the addition of Yonge was to placate the Downtown Yonge BIA. Name me another square where it's named for the two streets that meet there.

So then it's not Yonge-Dundas Square? Now I'm confused.

Back