News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It's not that obscure. RIP John Rutsey.

John_Rutsey-12768.jpg

Good early 70s comparison to today comparison pics...

Oreo: Good comparison pics of 1972 to today-I was 12 that year on LI.
It is amazing how much development and high rise construction has occurred since then. I remember the TTC put out a booklet showing before and after pics concerning the Subway and all the new development it brought.

Deepend: That was a good little post on the music scene back in the early
70s-I would not mind listening to some Roxy Music now myself! I got to like a local TO band-Goddo-from my trips N starting in 1979-what ever became of them?

LP-Interesting choice of "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult to listen to-I can not get that song out of my mind now-they are a Long Island native band by the way-I recall that they would use their original name The Soft White Underbelly to play sort of incognito at local clubs-but fans caught on quick.

-Memories and Observations from Long Island Mike-

LP-Interesting choice of "Don't Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult to listen to-I can not get that song out of my mind now-they are a Long Island native band by the way-I recall that they would use their original name The Soft White Underbelly to play sort of incognito at local clubs-but fans caught on quick.

"And now, here's The Soft White Underbelly with Don't Hear the Beeper!"

"Awriiiiiiight-- hey, wait a second..."

man looking back at those homes beside scotia bank it makes you think how much that would be worth now... prime real estate.....

makes you wonder what properties today are gonna be worth a fortune...

And your point in posting this???

Because I didn't see anything remotely interesting in this. These are just pictures of normal development. Had this development occurred over the span of 10 years or so, now that would be interesting but we are talking about 36 years here. Big Deal. :confused:

And your point in posting this???

Because I didn't see anything remotely interesting in this. These are just pictures of normal development. Had this development occurred over the span of 5 years or so, now that would be interesting but we are talking about 36 years here. Big Deal. :confused:

Because I didn't see anything remotely interesting in this. These are just pictures of normal development. Had this development occurred over the span of 5 years or so, now that would be interesting but we are talking about 36 years here. Big Deal. :confused:

Yeah, you're a newbie all right...

Please answer the question in 100 words or less:

Why did you join this forum?

Because I didn't see anything remotely interesting in this. These are just pictures of normal development. Had this development occurred over the span of 10 years or so, now that would be interesting but we are talking about 36 years here. Big Deal. :confused:

Question Number 2:

What is "normal development"? Please describe.

Back