News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

We always have funding for design and studies.

AoD

I've been examining how the current capital budget is structured.

I'm not letting any cats out of bags........there is a bunch of money that will be freed up and reallocated from the upload of the Gardiner/DVP; for reasons I don't understand, the new deal notwithstanding, the current
budget does not reflect that change.

Now, how that money will be allocated is a different question.

But there's a lot of it; worth saying, if Council passes the recommendation of the budget committee, we will see a report in July reflecting the reallocation of resources.

I'm somewhat irritated that this budget does not show that.............

Last edited:
I've been examining how the current capital budget is structured.

I'm not letting any cats out of bags........there is a bunch of money that will be freed up and reallocated from the upload of the Gardiner/DVP; for reasons I don't understand, the new deal notwithstanding, the current
budget does not reflect that change.

Now, how that money will be allocated is a different question.

But there's a lot of it; worth saying, if Council passes the recommendation of the budget committee, we will see a report in July reflecting the reallocation of resources.

I'm somewhat irritated that this budget does not show that.............
The City's capital funding process is maddeningly opaque at times lol.

Screenshot_2024-05-10_182102.jpg

I mean I wouldn't exactly call that packed sidewalks, just sayin ... point stands regardless.

BA86.1 - Award of Doc4322374774 to Parsons Inc. for Preliminary Design and Detailed Design, Construction Administration and Post Construction Services for YongeTOmorrow Phase 1 for Engineering and Construction Services​

Consideration Type: ACTIONWards: 11 - University - Rosedale, 13 - Toronto Centre

Origin​

(June 27, 2024) Report from the Chief Procurement Officer

Recommendations​

The Chief Procurement Officer recommends that the Bid Award Panel grant authority to award the following contract:

Solicitation Number:
Request for Proposal Doc4322374774, Contract Number RFP-23ECS-RD-01SP

Description:
Provision of Preliminary Design, Detailed Design, Construction Administration and Post Construction Services for YongeTOmorrow Phase 1.

Recommended Supplier:
Parsons Inc.

Contract Award Value:
$8,279,921 net of all applicable taxes and charges
$9,356,311 including HST and all applicable charges
$8,425,648 net of HST recoveries

Contract is expected to start on date of award and end on December 31, 2030.

Back